Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-2009 fxdb
-96 inch
-six speed
-hd 20w50
-V&H short shots chrome(standard baffles)
-V&H V02 High flow Intake/Breather
-V&H fuel pak
-91 octane

I am wanting to do cams and maybe change the baffles on my short shots, the dyno guy seems to think my exhaust is robbing power. i amy change to the big radius 2 into 1. but for now its good.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:16 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

Created a seperate post but figured I would post Dyno sheet here since old post will disappear sooner or later.

'08 Street Bob
Thunderheader
Zipper Max Flow Filter on '07 SE A/C Backplate
1,000 miles
SAE smoothing

Attached Thumbnails **DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**-st-bob-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by K9pusher; 09-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:23 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

Also, not sure if it has been addressed in this thread or not but figured I would throw out some info about STD smoothing versus SAE smoothing.

SAE represents more realistic standard conditions, STD artificially boosts numbers. Found this somewhere on the Web:

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque. Friction torque can be determined by measurements on special motoring dynamometers (which is only practical in research environments) or can be estimated. When estimates must be used, the SAE standard uses a default Mechanical Efficiency (ME) value of 85%. This is approximately correct at peak torque but not at other engine operating speeds. Some dynamometer systems use the SAE correction factor for atmospheric conditions but do not take mechanical efficiency into consideration at all (i.e. they assume a ME of 100%).

STD or STP. Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. This standard has been stable for a long time and is widely used in the performance industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

Not trying to start any **** but it helps to know the difference in the two when wondering why one bike is getting higher numbers. Could be the difference smoothing used.

The following users liked this post:
LLCOOLJ (11-27-2021)
Old 09-07-2009, 05:38 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K9pusher
Also, not sure if it has been addressed in this thread or not but figured I would throw out some info about STD smoothing versus SAE smoothing.

SAE represents more realistic standard conditions, STD artificially boosts numbers. Found this somewhere on the Web:

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque. Friction torque can be determined by measurements on special motoring dynamometers (which is only practical in research environments) or can be estimated. When estimates must be used, the SAE standard uses a default Mechanical Efficiency (ME) value of 85%. This is approximately correct at peak torque but not at other engine operating speeds. Some dynamometer systems use the SAE correction factor for atmospheric conditions but do not take mechanical efficiency into consideration at all (i.e. they assume a ME of 100%).

STD or STP. Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. This standard has been stable for a long time and is widely used in the performance industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

Not trying to start any **** but it helps to know the difference in the two when wondering why one bike is getting higher numbers. Could be the difference smoothing used.

I've noticed different gears being used for the pulls, mine was done in 5th.

The following users liked this post:
LLCOOLJ (11-27-2021)
Old 09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by paul s

I've noticed different gears being used for the pulls,

mine was done in 5th.

just so we know what you're talking about,

where's the sheet??

Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member

This is before cams and regear at a bikefest.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:53 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 PM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mud

any new time slips from the temple party drags mud???? i hear a black dyna was there running mid 7s@100.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:16 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master

My Dyno results after doing the 95ci upgrade

Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Before and after..............

Attached Thumbnails **DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**-scan0029.jpg   **DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**-scan0028.jpg  

Quick Reply: **DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**