Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 04:16 PM
bsljacques
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

96" with Se255 cams, V&H Straight Shots, Fuelmoto intake, PC3 tuner and DK TTI's.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,961 Likes on 4,035 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
I don't get the happy dyno thing... These drums are all precisely calibrated right??? If so how could one put out different numbers than another? Obviously the guy tuning, elevation and air temp will offset numbers a bit but not the dyno itself, could it?? Thanks for considering my build as competition bwoltz I'm honored you think so much of it
Do you have any idea how they were calibrated? If the drums were solid metal they might be close but they are filled with some sort of cement.. Steve Cole of TTS tuners mentioned that their calibrations procedures sucked.. I would agree.. A little over a year ago I bugged one of the engineers at the Vtwin Expo and his big example was that they compared 2 other dynos to one of their newer and older dynos.. The others read different while their new and old ones read the same.. That seemed to justify that all the dynos dynojet made in between had to be good.. BTW.. Remember Wurktruk? While we were discussing this he walked buy and questioned why his dyno read 10% less than everyone else's..

Don't get me wrong.. DJ make a good dyno. it is consistent and reasonably inexpensive compared to what else is available.. They don't spec dyno to dyno accuracy tho..

Attached dyno runs from 2 different bikes run on 2 dynos.. Each bike was run on 1 dyno within and hour of each other then over to another dyno a couple days later.. Both dynos were DJ250s..

The to bikes happened to make about the same HP on each dyno but the output recorded from the dynos is much different..

HD1 is green / blue

HD2 is blue / red

Attached Thumbnails **DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**-dyno-3.jpg  
Old 03-13-2015, 10:53 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Dang, that chart shows about a 10% difference between the two dynos. Definately have noticed some charts/#s posted that don't make sense and this is probably why. Hard to know who to trust except it seems like if you hang out over at HTT enough you start to get a feel for some of the tuners.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 03-13-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:07 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 618 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by bwoltz
Do you have any idea how they were calibrated? If the drums were solid metal they might be close but they are filled with some sort of cement.. Steve Cole of TTS tuners mentioned that their calibrations procedures sucked.. I would agree.. A little over a year ago I bugged one of the engineers at the Vtwin Expo and his big example was that they compared 2 other dynos to one of their newer and older dynos.. The others read different while their new and old ones read the same.. That seemed to justify that all the dynos dynojet made in between had to be good.. BTW.. Remember Wurktruk? While we were discussing this he walked buy and questioned why his dyno read 10% less than everyone else's..

Don't get me wrong.. DJ make a good dyno. it is consistent and reasonably inexpensive compared to what else is available.. They don't spec dyno to dyno accuracy tho..

Attached dyno runs from 2 different bikes run on 2 dynos.. Each bike was run on 1 dyno within and hour of each other then over to another dyno a couple days later.. Both dynos were DJ250s..

The to bikes happened to make about the same HP on each dyno but the output recorded from the dynos is much different..

HD1 is green / blue

HD2 is blue / red
So 126hp from a custom Kirby Vee-Twin built 124 is out of reality?
Doesn't sound unbelievable to me. Maybe Kirby is a good builder/porter?
Maybe the heads work well with the cam profile?
Bob

Last edited by FLTRI17; 03-15-2015 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 03-15-2015, 02:40 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

Here's a 124ci done by Chris Rivas. Probably another happy dyno?
http://www.chrisrivasvtwin.com/tc124cuin.htm
Bob

Old 03-15-2015, 02:47 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Dang, that chart shows about a 10% difference between the two dynos. Definately have noticed some charts/#s posted that don't make sense and this is probably why. Hard to know who to trust except it seems like if you hang out over at HTT enough you start to get a feel for some of the tuners.
I've never seen this amount of variation. It's obvious to me there is a mechanical issue with one of the Dj250s OR there is a stack calibration issue.
Easiest way to see of there is really a difference is to plot the graphs UNCORRECTED. That eliminates the stack corrections.
If there is still a huge difference it's got to be in the dyno itself. Bearings dragging, eddy brake causing bind in drum shaft, etc.
If the big difference is within a couple hp/tq then the issue is with the stack and its calibration.
This is why we send both our stacks back to Dynojet annually. Just to try to eliminate variables.
We feel confident when both stacks produce the same results after calibration.
Bob

Old 03-16-2015, 12:43 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
So 126hp from a custom Kirby Vee-Twin built 124 is out of reality?
Doesn't sound unbelievable to me. Maybe Kirby is a good builder/porter?
Maybe the heads work well with the cam profile?
Bob
Since dyno jets don't measure brake HP I guess anything is plausible..

Old 03-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Here's a 124ci done by Chris Rivas. Probably another happy dyno?
http://www.chrisrivasvtwin.com/tc124cuin.htm
Bob
So only displacement determines HP output?

Old 03-16-2015, 11:26 AM
DoubleZ
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2011 Streetbob
Stock bore 96"
SE MCR heads
S&S 570 cams
Should be right around 10:1 compression
Thunderheader
Zippers Max Flow on SE backplate

92hp/101tq
Was going for bolt together Hippo build on a stock 96"

Was a little disapionted in hp numbers. was hoping for 95+. going back to the dyno in a few months, changing to Sawiki pipe and throttle body bored to 50mm by Dan Vance

Dyno is in STD (disclaimer before everyone start complaining)

Attached Thumbnails **DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**-dyno.jpg  
Old 07-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Quick Reply: **DYNO SHEETS* and/or *1/4 MILE TICKETS**