Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 PM
SimplyJoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???

Hi all...

I have a set of 2 into 1 Thunderheaders and am trying to find/order a new mounting bracket for my 08 FXDF. My local dealers say the one bracket doesn't meet their minimum order so it will be a while before they can get me one.

Any dealers out there happen to have one in stock? Or planning to order other parts soon?

Does anyone happen to have one that they don't need anymore and would like to sell?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 10-04-2008, 01:09 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

contact thunderheader and try to get it direct.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:57 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thunderheader does NOT sell to the general public. Only to dealers. The bad news is in bold white lettering on black background at the bottom middle of this URL: http://www.thunderheader.net/dealer.php

That's too bad. Check with your Thunderheader dealer, to see if you can pay the extra shipping, etc. that it would cost to order just one bracket.

Also, here's the URL for locating a dealer: http://www.thunderheader.net/dealer.php

Why don't you call some dealers around the USA until you find one that has your part in stock.

My $.02 worth.

Richard

Old 10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Did the kit you bought not include the bracket?

I only ask because I'm planning on buying the same pipes soon...want to know what problems I'll encounter.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:56 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kit includes everything you need, maybe he bought just the used pipe. Hey simplyjoe, ya might aswell check ebay & craigslist if ya haven't already.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:26 PM
SimplyJoe
Intermediate

Thanks guys. I actually did buy a used set off Ebay. They came with a bracket for a softtail. I wanted the softtail style ones. (Balanced look of pipes on each side of motor.) I have forward controls so I didn't need the weird looking bend in front. Anyhow, I went out in the garage tonight and fabbed a bracket. Already went for a ride tonight and can honestly say they made a noticeable difference!

I am still looking for a Thunderheader made bracket... I can just take my time now. :-)

If anyone needs a softtail bracket... I have one.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 PM
SimplyJoe
Intermediate
Cool

Here's a couple pics if anyone is interested. It looks like I might need a new camera next based on the one pic!

Attached Thumbnails Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???-mvc-105x.jpg   Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???-mvc-106x.jpg  
Old 10-05-2008, 03:09 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

SimplyJoe those look great! I'd heard that softail Thunderheaders could be used on a Dyna, but wasn't sure what was involved. Was it just the bracket that made the difference? And would they work on a Dyna with mids or are forwards a requirement?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
SimplyJoe
Intermediate

Thanks rockon. You would have to get a set of forwards to use the softtail style. I am pretty sure Thunderheader created the other style with the rear pipe rapping in front of the cam over to accomodate both mid and forward controls. As far as mounting, the bracket is the only difference I can see. You may have an issue with the transmission bracket clamp not locating correctly in relation to the thunderheader bracket. But, I don't know that for sure since I don't have that bracket yet.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:17 PM
SimplyJoe
Intermediate

Better pics of Thunderheaders installed...

Attached Thumbnails Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???-mvc-112x.jpg   Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???-mvc-113x.jpg   Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???-mvc-114x.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thunderheader Bracket for 06-09 Dyna???