Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fxd tank swap to a fxdc fat bob tank

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:00 AM
davidray
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks armybrat for the list,had to take the bike into the local shop.and was talking to them about it we were thinking it was going to run some where around a grand for the conversion less the tank which i already have. im wondering how much diffrent the parts list would be for the fxdc tank i need parts for and the street bob conversion you did.i know the console would be. also i was going to ask how did the wiring harnees do i see none on your list so do we have enough for the tank swap or did you have to wire it your self

Old 10-04-2008, 11:12 AM
armybrat02
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only wire that I had to mess with was the ones for the indicator lights b/c they had a different plug to connect them to the wire harness. For the ignition you will need to add some wire to get it out of the neck and re-run the wires, should not be hard. The only things that I can see that are different would be the speedo its the 5" one, the ignition will have to be moved from the neck to the tank and the led panel is different. I am going to move the ignition soon like some of the other people on here have done. no special tools if you want to go to the SB tank but to move the ignition there is a special tool to take it out of the neck some people have posted on how to do it with out using the tool from hd. its like $50 from the steeler.