Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm looking at buying and 01 Dyna wideglide Wrecked!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008 | 08:02 PM
Rodney
|
Road Master

have some parts on the way and spent a little time working on the bike.
I don't think this is a good way to inspect the timkin bearings on a twin cam!
I have all of the details squared away for ordering the engine cases from Harley.
I'm going to wait to order them until I have the title with my name on it in hand.

Old 10-03-2008 | 05:14 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

Congrats on the project purchase Rodney. I also have a crashed bike I have been riding since early '06 and I'm happy with the purchase price and how it turned out.

I'll just throw this out there for people living in the mid-west interested in getting into the rebuilding crashed toy market...

http://www.crashtoys.com/ This is where I got mine, they're great people to deal with.

Old 10-03-2008 | 12:04 PM
vijay
Advanced

Originally Posted by RudeDog
http://www.crashtoys.com/ This is where I got mine, they're great people to deal with.
Wow, that is one good place to buy...

Old 10-04-2008 | 03:26 AM
bundy bruiser
Cruiser

yeah, cheers for the links Rod and Rude dog.
great places to look for parts...etc

Old 10-06-2008 | 05:09 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

Just bumping this up for Rodney. I'm interested in the progress of his build and here's to hoping you keep us updated on your project.

Old 10-06-2008 | 07:27 AM
Rodney
|
Road Master

Thanks for the interest RudeDog.
I spend the weekend buying parts Via Ebay This has been great to see the availability of good used OEM parts being offered.
between a couple members on this forum and some good purchases I should have most of the parts {God Willing} by next week.
the only big items I'm still lacking are the engine wheels and engine cases
seat and sheet metal I could straighten the tank and fenders but would like to keep it simple and buy good used parts.
I found some fly wheels in CA need to call Tuesday for shipping but I haven't committed yet if any one else has them and wants to get off them. the ones I found are going to be in good usable shape for 200 shipped to Oregon..
that sounds like a good deal to me.

Old 10-06-2008 | 07:41 AM
Rodney
|
Road Master

here are some of the parts I have on the way.
I was going to purchase a new transmission case from Harley and the price wasn't that bad IMO @ around 350 but it turned out to be a special order so I canceled that and found this good used complete transmission for a really good buy, some the other parts I have on the way are in the album. The front and rear spoked wheels I really didn't need to buy, all I needed was to replace the rim on the 21 front but for the price of these two I couldn't pass up the deal on them. A guy can't have to may Harley parts laying around now can he!
In my purchase I ended up with 2 sets of 88 barrels and pistons both like new with no miles on them got one set for well under 100$ I will use one set and have the other bored for 95 pistons for my Deuce or just keep them for spares. An auction I won which I think was a real good deal was all the top end engine parts with less than 1000 miles on the heads, pistons, barrels, push rods, intake, carb with stage one kit and oem cams for much less than 300 $ including freight.

Last edited by Rodney; 10-06-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2008 | 07:57 AM
Rodney
|
Road Master

I posted a need list here if anyone has these parts let me know.
Thanks

Old 10-07-2008 | 08:28 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I'll be interested to see it when it's done...

Old 10-08-2008 | 05:23 AM
Rodney
|
Road Master

I spent a few hours last night reassembling the bike with the bent and twisted parts since the owners Son started taking it apart before I bought it. I am wanting to see what the bike actually looked like after the crash. I feel some what like a CSI guy when doing this inspecting every part for damage, its a strange feeling doing this and imagining the final moments before the crash.
As damaged as the bike is I do feel its a good thing putting it back together, its taking on a life of its own since I've started work on her.
I've been asked by several people WHY are you doing it? I simply tell them because its a Harley Davidson!

Quick Reply: I'm looking at buying and 01 Dyna wideglide Wrecked!