Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 Dyna SERT vs. Download

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:01 PM
wfdmedic8
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Dyna SERT vs. Download

I just got my V&H Big Radius pipes and going to have them intstalled. I have be told to get the "download" from the dealer by some friends, and others have told me to get the SERT. I don't think that they are the same thing. Is one better then the other? I have the SE A/C and don't plan on doing any other engine mods at this point.

-RANDY

Old 03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
..but Ill try 2 try
Cruiser
Default RE: '06 Dyna SERT vs. Download

Big Rad's probably flow to freely for the harley download to match up with your in and out engine breathing improvements. The SERT sounds like the way to go if you want to pay for it. I think that's the way I'll do it if my dang bike ever shows up at the dealer. No more mods than you are doing maybe the PC from dynojet would be a good consideration. I bet your dealer prob tries to sell those too. I would suggest to go ahead and get the best that you can afford right from the start.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:27 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The dealer download is a non tunable, one time computer flash that adjusts the bike for the screamin' eagle stage one parts. There is no compensation for other aftermarket parts and the tune is lean to meet EPA regs.

The SERT is a interface and software package that includes all of the dealer downloads but you have control to tune them. These are $360 discounted on the internet. More difficult process but not impossible with the manual and lots of help available on the forums. You would start by loading up the factory stage one file for whatever year bike you own, tweek it and upload it to the bike. Test and repeat.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:38 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Zanotti's has the sert $377 delivered to your door.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:04 AM
fl_799
Road Master

Last word, Hale's HD had a few in stock. Everybody else is backordered until April 30th.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
snowyhog
Cruiser

I think the sert might be a waste of money , as i have seen all the dealer downloads come stage 1 or 2 .
Most of the downloads are for standard pipes and or stage 1 filter /stage 2 cams etc closed loop system

There is a download for screaming eagle slip ons with stage 1 , which is the 1 that you would probably get downloaded by the dealer anyway. They are working with others at present ! depends if they want to bend their own epa rules
Jay at HD downloads private guy !!!says that he has not done a download for V&H PIPES at the moment and he has had feedback from dealers saying that the v&h fueler is not all that !!!
I personally think the stage 1 download for the se's!!! will be ok with the stage 1 kn filter and v&h as well .
This is based on the fact that i done 800 miles with SE naughty slip ons without any altered download at all , this was from Harley , the bike ran perfect . And when the heads were taken off for the 95 kit , it had been running slightly rich .
I have a Harley stage 2 download 34257-06 st2 race dyna , this with 95 kit ,203 cams , and hypercharger pro , bike is running fine . But the engine management system light comes on for faults with oxygen sensors , this is because UK bikes dont have sensors and the download is USA based, at present a uk version is not available .
My dealer thinks maybe Harley fueler and normal download maybe the way to go in the UK for stage 1 and 2 present bikes, but are waiting on Harley .
These faults if left will go into the history record and not appear again , but if i delete will flag up again .
You can check any download that has been done by when bike switched off , push in button on speedo and hold , then turn on switch , the system will self check , then you can scribe p for the download number .
There are several guys on here from the US that have V&H exhaust so they can comment more but i think stage 1 will run ok , i also believe that riders would be getting the bikes go into them modes that are designed for overheating if there was problems ?

Old 03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
fl_799
Road Master

This might be a better case for running the sert since the UK bikes are obviously running a closed loop map with no o2 sensors. At least with the SERT, you can disable closed loop mode and put the A/F tables down below 14.6:1

Just running this situation through my head, you have a bike that has most of its tables 'set' for 14.6:1 ratio over 90 percent of the A/F table but no 02 sensors to pull the mixture to that ratio. The bike's just guessing at that point based off the VE tables for the front and rear Cylinder. I'd be adding a fueler, TFI or SERT no question about it.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:16 AM
snowyhog
Cruiser

Is the SERT an Harley item , MY shop maniacs never heard of it .

Thanks for your info m8

Old 03-29-2006, 11:30 AM
fl_799
Road Master

Yeah, it's a harley item.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:09 PM
StreetBob
Cruiser

The SERT I've got is item #32107-01D. It's a Sreaming Eagle (Harley) item.

Quick Reply: '06 Dyna SERT vs. Download