Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's Nuetral?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:27 AM
mojo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where's Nuetral?

Thanks KB!

Old 03-28-2006, 01:04 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

treat it like a women ,slow and easy,u will get the hang of it

Old 03-28-2006, 01:33 AM
mojo
Tourer

The few short rides i have been on I did treat it like a lady, but maybe I just need to do as you say and get used to it. Is this something new with the trannys cause my other HD's never had the problem. I treated them more like an ex-wife verse a lady and they poped in to neutral first try all the time. I will call MoCo like KB mentioned in the morn and see what I find out and go from there. Like others have posted it is only neutral, all other gears work fine, but trying to get it in neutral is one of those deals where you have to look around to make sure someone isn't watching, laughing, usually I am in my garage so the only one watching me is my dog, but i bet he gets a chuckle out of it too Thanks again guys! mojo

Old 03-28-2006, 03:42 AM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jackyl

treat it like a women ,slow and easy,u will get the hang of it
Oh, you just opened a can... hahah!

j/k

Old 03-28-2006, 11:30 PM
mojo
Tourer

After checking out the link from LOWTOW and the suggestions from KB, I found the recall and called MoCo and my bike does need the recall. I went out and verified on bike the issue I thought I was having verse the issue in the recall. I thought I was unable to find neutral when it seems I was probably in neutral if I would of released the clutch to see but since the neutral light didn't come on i assumed, yep assumed, My bad! so I wil get it in for the replacement shift drum and new neutral light switch and see if that cures the problem. Thanks to all for your help as I have been overseas and wasn't aware of this recall. mojo

Old 03-29-2006, 01:02 AM
rfhermo
Cruiser

I had trouble finding N, before I had the recall work done. After the recall work, finding the big N is much, much easier.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: mojo

After checking out the link from LOWTOW and the suggestions from KB, I found the recall and called MoCo and my bike does need the recall. I went out and verified on bike the issue I thought I was having verse the issue in the recall. I thought I was unable to find neutral when it seems I was probably in neutral if I would of released the clutch to see but since the neutral light didn't come on i assumed, yep assumed, My bad! so I wil get it in for the replacement shift drum and new neutral light switch and see if that cures the problem. Thanks to all for your help as I have been overseas and wasn't aware of this recall. mojo

Great...now after its fixed try the 75w90 Mobil1 gear lube or the Redline Shockproof Heavy and you will really like your 6 speed.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:01 PM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I've had trouble finding neutral. I've learned it's much easier to do before stopping. The kill switch is a bad idea; it's for emergency.