Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do after riding in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008 | 05:32 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master

Billyboy890 - did ya leave that saddlebag open to collect rainwater for your bath? Or did you use that saddlebag full of water and a towel to clean the bike when it stopped raining?

Old 09-20-2008 | 05:59 PM
ropin4gold
Cruiser

Hose it off, Spray it down with S100 and hose it off again. Chamois and towel dry and put it up.

Old 09-20-2008 | 06:18 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by red devil
... let's say there is a certain somebody that doesn't appreciate wet tracks across the kitchen floor.
D@mn ... go ahead on wit' yo' bad self, bro!

Like some of the others here, I work to ride/ride to work ... don't worry too much if I collect a little acid and debris on the surface as long as internals are good to go. I like to clean it up when I get a nice sunny morning off, though.

Living in the Pac NW, if you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.

I demoted my Jeep to the driveway and keep my bike in the garage at night, but during the day it does get wet from time to time.

R/
Priest

Old 09-20-2008 | 06:24 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

LMAO @ Priest...seriously, whats the difference if you get the kitchen floor wet? Do the right thing and wipe up after yourself.

Old 09-20-2008 | 07:53 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh I do wipe up after I'm done, it's the use of bath towels that gets me in trouble.

Old 09-20-2008 | 09:09 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member

First I take care of me, get into some dry cloths, then if it has stopped raining, wash, dry, and wax the bike, if it is still raining, I relax, wait til the sun is shinning.

Old 09-20-2008 | 10:38 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

Originally Posted by Topspin
I tell the wife to find me some dry clothes and a towel pronto, get me a sambich and a brewski and get the hell out to the garage and get that bike shined up. I'm not sure how she cleans it though.

(she'd kill me if she knew I just even thought of this)
I thought that was a fantasy world you were in for a moment there!!

Old 09-20-2008 | 11:18 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Priest
I demoted my Jeep to the driveway and keep my bike in the garage at night, but during the day it does get wet from time to time.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's demoted the Jeep to the driveway. The Bob stays in the garage whenever I'm not out riding mostly for reasons of security. The Wrangler stays outside in sun, rain, snow, sleet, wind, whatever. As they say, "It's a jeep thing."

The Bob and I have been rained on a good number of times and I was even prepared for it once. No big deal, it's only water. Rinse both of us off really well, break out the blow dryer get us dry and we're ready to do it again.

Last edited by jbphoto; 09-20-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2008 | 03:37 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Back at ya' JB

At first I thought this thread was a joke:

"Q. A man fell out of his boat. What was the first thing he did?"
"A. He got wet!"

[Groan ....]

Old 09-21-2008 | 07:42 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior

Sometimes it might be two weeks before there is no rain in the forecast. Then I'll wash the bike and rinse and blow dry. No point washing a bike that is going to get rained on the next day if you ride everyday. It's gone as long as four weeks before no rain everyday here in Louisiana.

Quick Reply: what to do after riding in the rain