Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob windshield..HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street bob windshield..HELP

im looking for a detachable windsheild for my 07 street bob, im not a big fan of the look of a street bob with a windshield, but i have made a few trips and just got back on a trip that was over 200 miles one way, i gotta have one to make those rides more comfortable, are there any aftermarket or other brand windsheilds than the ones that harley offers? or does anyone have any input on this subject. thanks

Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I've got the Memphis Shades Rio Grande shield. I don't use it very often at all but like you said on long trips it is almost neccessary.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the HD quick release that I run for longer trips and it works good.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

PigInaBlanket, do you have any pics of the forks without the sheild? I know they leave some hardware on but haven't really seen a good shot of it. I'm probably going to go with the Del Rio black gradient.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Bugger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sportech Windsheild

I have the 14.25" X 14" Sportech sheild on my '07 FXD with miniape bars (see my aviator). It's the "looks" the Bob needs. However, at 60-70mph the head/helmet and shoulders get buffited. Now my wife has the 20" X 19.5" on her Softail Deluxe and there is very little buffiting. The two shields are interchangable and we offen fight over them. They are made of Lexan and are bullet poof. No lie, there is a clip on You Tube. Here is a link to their web site: http://www.sportechinc.com/store/Ite...=1|758|763|803

Old 09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
marcusg
Cruiser

Here's mine with a Windvest.

Attached Thumbnails street bob windshield..HELP-mgm.jpg  
Old 09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
StreetBob07IL
Intermediate

I have the HD Quick Detachable Compact Windshield, I love it for long trips or cool morning rides, it works great and the best part is on the hardware stays on the shield, nothing left behind when you take it off. Great buy on my part.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:33 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
PigInaBlanket, do you have any pics of the forks without the sheild? I know they leave some hardware on but haven't really seen a good shot of it. I'm probably going to go with the Del Rio black gradient.
Yea here are a couple I took just recently.
First the front where you can see the clamps on the forks that are left on the bike.

And here's a side view.

And no that isn't me on the bike...

I don't think the hardware that gets left on the bike looks all that bad or real noticeable. I also think the Rio Grande shield flows with the Street Bob the best. The HD detachable shield sticks out too far in front for my liking.

Here are some shots of Two Fish's bike. First with the HD detachable windshield

And then with the Memphis Shades Del Rio windshield

See what I mean?

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 09-11-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

PigInaBlanket, thanks for the pics man. Much appreciated, now see I what's going on w/the hardware, not too bad. I know you and TwoFish like your Memphis Shades.

jordanball33, sorry to hijack your thread there, although it may give you a better idea on what you want. I really like the way the Memphis Shades looks but you have the whole hardware issue, but they are way cheaper than the HD detachable shield. Don't care for the HD looks but the QD clamps are pretty slick. Hmmm

Last edited by JerseyDevil; 09-11-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am running the Memphis Slim with the same mounting hardware. I really like it. Cost about 90 for the shield and 110 for the hardware from 2orangeharleys on ebay. I went with the taller of the two sizes they make. Minimal buffeting, and you are right the difference on a 200 mile ride is like night and day.

Quick Reply: street bob windshield..HELP