Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXD Speedo in FXDB Console?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:30 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah ... think I may just take it easy until I can find the FXDB/FXDL tank; go with the FXDB dash and re-use my speedo.

Just saw a FXDB tank on fleabay ...

Mostly it is just to get the speedo off the bars. I've gotten a FLST front end and I am going to go with the nacelle. It has a cover that goes over the riser. Sure, I could just leave it as is and dispense with the riser cover ... probably will in the short run.

I've seen a few of the Dakota Digital speedos and they're nice; but also can be a little pricey. Part of my motivation is to not spend a fortune ... my better half and I don't exactly see eye to eye on "discretionary" expenditures on my bike. So, if I can do it without breaking the bank, all the better.

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 09-13-2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:08 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Priest -
Been following your posts where you put up pics of the new front end - very cool.
Look forward to seeing the final product.
I agree with rounder - the SB tank and dash is the way to go.
I looked at the adapter ring for a few seconds and realized - just as he stated - that it would not look right.
Good luck finding a tank - i've seen st bob tanks go on ebay for reasonable $ - but as I mentioned - patience is required.
Remember - an FXDL tank will work as well.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

At one point I thought I could take my speedo off my handlebar riser and move it to the mirror with Custom Cycle Control Systems LED speedo and idiot lights in the mirror.

The full set-up has slim line control housings for the switches and brake reservoir internal to the handlebar. All clutch, brake and throttle cables and lines are routed internally as is the wiring ... a really clean solution, but costs a couple grand or so.

Maybe if I hit the jackpot or the lottery ... else, I'll take my time and try to accumulate the FXDB tank/console conversion on the cheap.

R/
Priest

Old 09-14-2008, 07:12 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Double post

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 01-08-2009 at 03:46 PM.