Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long does your turn signal blink?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Kushtaka
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long does your turn signal blink?

Call me crazy, but after I installed the pcIII on my '09 Fat Bob, I can swear that the turn signal takes twice as long to cancel after I've completed a turn. It blinks between 11-13 times after I turn before it goes out?! Is this normal? I seem to remember it only blinking a couple of times before it went out when everything was stock. Anyone else with a pcIII experience this--- and what kind of time frame do you guys with stock set ups get?

I appreciate any and all info and input...

Old 09-10-2008, 10:44 PM
FatBobRay
Tourer

On my FB the single goes out quickly after a good turn, maybe 3 extra blinks. But sometimes it doesn't cancel at all if I don't bend the bike over a decent amount during the turn. (Like when changing lanes slowly)

Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
owleyes
Cruiser

1-2 times for me after I make my turn.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:35 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Mine usually goes out right when I turn it off... unless, somehow the magical turn signal fairy has decided to turn it off for me - then, my turning it off actually turns it back on. In that case, it goes off when I turn it off again.

There seems to be no particular set of circumstances that cause my turn signals to auto cancel. Some times they do. Some times they don't. Some times, if I wait long enough, the eventually will.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:38 AM
benwiggin2
Road Master

fuel pak didn't effect the signals...

Old 09-11-2008, 03:34 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a little info about the workings of the signals which may help you determine whether you have an issue or not.

The auto cancel on your signals works because of changes in the speed of the bike. Ideally, you have your signal on as you sit at a stop sign. You take off, making your turn, and as you accelerate, the signals should cancel.

This is due to the electronic signal provided to the TSSM by the Vehicle Speed Sensor. This sensor sits on top of the tranny case and contains a magnetic eye. As the teeth of the tranny gear pass this eye, an electronic signal is created. The faster the gear rotates, the faster the signal.

Some people have had problems with the auto cancel not working at all. Many find the speedometer also stops working. The VSS's magnet will attract metal particles from the tranny and lose its ability to read the passing of the gear teeth. The VSS can be easily removed and cleaned to correct this issue.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:29 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Mine usually goes out right when I turn it off... unless, somehow the magical turn signal fairy has decided to turn it off for me - then, my turning it off actually turns it back on. In that case, it goes off when I turn it off again.

There seems to be no particular set of circumstances that cause my turn signals to auto cancel. Some times they do. Some times they don't. Some times, if I wait long enough, the eventually will.
I know this effect all too well, the ding dang turn signal fairy is just messin with us.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:06 AM
NA7A
Tourer

Mine takes about 10 to 13 blinks also when I use it in a turn without stopping and keeping basically the same speed all the way through the turn. Drives me nuts becuase I now look down at it all the time to make sure its off and then just as I turn it off it is already off and I turn it back on again.

08 SB

Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 AM
shawn e.
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil

Ditto

This usually happens to me on long on ramps with a gentle curve.

Shawn

Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too f**king clever for its own good - whatever happened to the good old brain activated finger!

Quick Reply: How long does your turn signal blink?