Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I did it

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:50 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a very cool looking bike very clean

Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Thunderhorse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran into a guy at Sturgis who had just bought one with low milage too...was that you? The guy had roundish glasses...he had several other bikes he said...I think it was near the Kuryakyn trailer?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjoe
The Sturgis was the orginal "blacked out" Harley.

Actually, that would be the 1980 Low Rider. The '81 Sturgis was the first big cruiser with low bars and belt drive.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
juspasnthru
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HarleypsychRN
I ran into a guy at Sturgis who had just bought one with low milage too...was that you? The guy had roundish glasses...he had several other bikes he said...I think it was near the Kuryakyn trailer?
Sorry, that wasn't me-there must be two good-lookin' guys runnin around
This one's in Colorado-

Old 09-09-2008, 12:07 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Don51
wbogley...that 82 FXB that is shown in the link you have listed, is actually sitting in the showroom of my local HD dealer, here in Macedon, NY. I saw it there about a month ago. It appeared to be in real nice shape. I was there again this past week and I didn't see it....then again I was there on a mission and wasn't paying close attention.
Maybe it got sold, it is a very nice FXB. I would be interested if not for the high price. Shovels are becoming more collectable, heck the early shovels are now 45 years old and the stugis models will always be very collectable. Like the collectors say, "if it is new, it is not a collectable". There are still a bunch of Pan/Shovel enthusiasts out there that have never wanted to accept the Evos and later. I got to admit, I love to ride and wrench on old iron.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Actually, that would be the 1980 Low Rider. The '81 Sturgis was the first big cruiser with low bars and belt drive.
I stand corrected, the 80 Low Rider was blacked out like the Sturgis?

I had a chance to buy a 81 Sturgis about six years ago. I really wanted it but didn't have the cash to buy it, since it was owned by an individual. He had done a lot of work to the engine. It had drag pipes, and man when he fired it up Woah! It's still the meanest sounding Harley I've ever heard.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjoe
I stand corrected, the 80 Low Rider was blacked out like the Sturgis?

I had a chance to buy a 81 Sturgis about six years ago. I really wanted it but didn't have the cash to buy it, since it was owned by an individual. He had done a lot of work to the engine. It had drag pipes, and man when he fired it up Woah! It's still the meanest sounding Harley I've ever heard.

Yeah, it's what I loved about it. The derby cover was chrome with the HD eagle on it (from the factory), the sissy bar was chrome, and the headlight visor was chrome. Everything else was black with a red pinstripe.

I think it also came in gray and black two tone, but the motor and everything was blacked out.

It's hard as hell to find a picture of that bike now days (in factory condition). If I ever find my poloroid, I'll scan it and post. It was awesome for a factory bike.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Torn
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

ok Torn, im lookin real close and i know this is gonna sound ridiculous....but that pic of your bike, it looks like thats a seat belt???!!!! tell me im seeing ****

It holds my duffel bag.I put the strap under the seat and put a hole in it and bolted it to the leather strape.I have to take tools back and forth to work with it.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 AM
harleridr
Cruiser

congrats on your new baby. Is it double or single belt.
grump

Quick Reply: Well I did it