Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't get much riding in today but improved my Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008 | 07:49 PM
imjdoggie
|
Tourer
Default Didn't get much riding in today but improved my Street Bob

So today was a beautiful day here in the Northeast I hope all of you had a great day. I had a project that I wanted to tackle and I think it turned out pretty good. I wasn't really happy with the mini apes my 09 Street Bob came with so I tried a few things today, I found out drag bars will not work with the stock 09 tree so I had to get bars with a slight bend. I'm not sure what model bike the bars are actually for but they work great. I also added the black diamond pegs, shifter, grips, smoked lenses(not dark enough) and brake pedal. I love the way the plugs wires look and I have the hi flow air filter system coming tomorrow, I'm kind of excited. Here are a few pics, comments and suggestions welcome but only if their nice...........

Last edited by imjdoggie; 09-07-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2008 | 07:59 PM
joejack
Cruiser

It looks great. Did you get those bars from Harley and are they drilled for internal wiring?

Old 09-07-2008 | 08:09 PM
imjdoggie
|
Tourer

I did get them from Harley they are oem and there were no holes to feed the wiring. I had to remove a good bit of the factory wires and I made sure I saved the factory loom/wire netting. I can take some closer pics if you want I think I did a good job I am kind of **** with my stuff so I did the best I could. The only problem I ran into was the clutch cable is too long so I had to use some zip ties to hide the wires but ona scale of 1-10 I would say it is a 9.5 and waaaaayyy better than paying the dealer, total cost $69 for the bars and like 14.99 for the fluid 4 hours of work did take frequent breaks to refuel myself.

Last edited by imjdoggie; 09-07-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2008 | 08:41 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

Not bad,I like the bars.I suppose I could even learn to like the silver motor it looks much better than it does in the advertisement photos.

Old 09-07-2008 | 08:53 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Looks good but dont think my back could handle it lol

Old 09-07-2008 | 08:57 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer

Defiantly need a shorter clutch cable that looks crazy wrapped around the headlight other wise i like it, I decided to make my bars more comfortable by rocking them forward till they were 90deg from the ground gave me more reach and the handgrips are bout 1/2" taller, I like the stock bars now specially since they are drilled with internal wires. Will have to get pics up soon....

Old 09-07-2008 | 09:16 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks pretty good. Definitely need a shorter clutch cable. I guess the 09's are starting to grow on me. The HD photos are horrible but seeing some of the pics you guys are posting they look pretty good.

Old 09-07-2008 | 09:16 PM
GGC
Road Warrior

It's such a great feeling to individualize Our Harley's, Looks great, I wish I still had mine!

Old 09-07-2008 | 09:18 PM
luckyB
Road Captain

I like the bars... you're off to a good start.

I noticed the shift linkage is black on your bike. Is that stock for the '09 SB or did you paint/powdercoat it?

How do you like the seat? I'm looking for a solo seat and kind of like the look of the stock seat on the '09 SB.

Old 09-07-2008 | 09:24 PM
fame2
Road Master

Bike looks great. 09's are really growing on me. By the way, I rode from central Jersey to Hamburg PA today. Great weather and tons of bikes out. You live in a great place for riding.

Quick Reply: Didn't get much riding in today but improved my Street Bob