Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't get much riding in today but improved my Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008 | 09:26 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

I think your bike looks the business. Once you get the other minor stuff sorted out as mentioned previously by others, it'll be even better! Congrats, and yes, btw, I had a great day too!

Old 09-07-2008 | 09:40 PM
imjdoggie
|
Tourer

Hey thanks alot for all the compliments guys, I actually removed the top part of the beltguard but left the bottom on after I took this pic. The shift linkage is black from the factory, I was going to change it but no need too. Again I appreciate the comments the shorter clutch cable will come in due time I just wanted to get it back together I was getting very tired. I'll post pics tomorrow after the air filter install.

Old 09-07-2008 | 10:25 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member

Those plug wires look pink, man.

Old 09-07-2008 | 10:30 PM
luckyB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
Hey thanks alot for all the compliments guys, I actually removed the top part of the beltguard but left the bottom on after I took this pic. The shift linkage is black from the factory, I was going to change it but no need too. Again I appreciate the comments the shorter clutch cable will come in due time I just wanted to get it back together I was getting very tired. I'll post pics tomorrow after the air filter install.
Let me know if you want to get rid of that upper belt guard. I'm looking for a wrinkle black one to replace the stock chrome one on my FB.

Old 09-08-2008 | 12:43 AM
JRK5892
Banned

man those are the bars i want!!!! love em! i have a set of black drags but am just waiting, I think i may sell my black drags and get a set of the flat tracker bars like those... how much where they? where did you get them... i dont think the clutch cable looks bad either...leave it it is fine, maybe put a nice braided cover ove the wires... i wrapped mine in this and it look awesome!!!
http://cableorganizer.com/f6-wrap-around/
I also have a set of dark lenses i made a while ago for my bob when i still had the old turn sigs... realy easy to tint them... easy way for you to get yours darker is to just pull out the bulb, put something in the socket and spay paint the inside of the signal black... that will really darken them up but not hurt the light getting though... if i can track down my old ones they are all yours for shipping if you want em... (if i can find them!)

Old 09-08-2008 | 03:26 AM
bosken
Banned

Looks great! Now the only thing you need to do is lower the rear an inch or two

Old 09-08-2008 | 07:20 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

You mentioned your getting the high flow air system, is that the stage one kit?? Do you have pipes for you bob already??

Some say you can run pipes on your bike without the high flow air system and still use your stock ecm program... But if you add the stage 1 a/c kit then you will need to have some sort of fuel management system added... Because the added air will lean your bike out, which is already lean from the moco. So this might be something to look into, if you havent already. Just thought i would throw that out there, i dont want you to hurt that new bob of yours!!!

By the by, it looks great, and as others have said it the grey motor is growing on me too.

Old 09-08-2008 | 08:16 AM
imjdoggie
|
Tourer

Hey thanks again for all the nice comments guys, John I got the bars at a local HD Dealer for like $60-$70, bosken I agree lowering kit next.

I am getting the hi flow air filter but I only have V&H slip ons and I had the download for the pipes done by the local HD Dealer, do you guys think I will be ok with the filter too. I don't want to blow this thing up but since I only have slip-ons and had the download done I'm thinking I should be ok.

You guys have all been great I had a Nissan 350 Z and I was a member of a Z forum and the maturity level here is definitely evident. I'm learning sooooooo much from this forum and you guys and I just wanted to say thanks again.

Jason

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:09 AM
DYNA JIM
Road Captain

Good job, bike looks really good!

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:19 AM
DYNA JIM
Road Captain

Hey doggie are those handlebars the same as the nightrod bars?

Quick Reply: Didn't get much riding in today but improved my Street Bob