Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 FXDB H-D Security System Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:38 AM
DynaTail07
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 FXDB H-D Security System Install Question

I'm looking for anyone with the knowledge and/or experience with installing a factory security system on an 07 Street Bob with a Dakota Digital MCV_7000 series speedo/tach/info gauge. I looked at all the forums on this topic and know how to marry the key fob to the ECM, but the manual procedure for this involves watching the security lamp go on and off numerous times. The problem (question) here is that the Dakota Digital speedo unit does not come with a security indicator lamp. So... is it going to be possible to install the security system and marry up the key fob without the factory speedo unit? I checked with my local dealer already and they had no idea. I've also contacted Dakota Digital Tech Support and am waiting for their answer. Worst case scenario is that once I go through all the steps after the install is the bike won't start and run. I'm just trying to avoid this before I get going on it. Anybody out there know what I'm up against? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Also, I found a pinched data link wire while I installed the garage door opener option, and would like to know if it's possible to manually clear any trouble codes that have been set (I'm sure there's a few).