Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Lowrider Fenders and Gas Tank

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
jrsmith_80
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Lowrider Fenders and Gas Tank

Hey guys I have been looking for my answer oll over the internet and came up with nothing. I am looking to buy a full set of used tins for my 07 Lowrider to paint over the winter and the install when they are finished. Will all dyna tins fit my lowrider? Or will just the 06 and up ones fit. I am also assuming that the wide glide stuff wont fit either except maybe the tank. I have been lookin on ebay for the tins and have found some pretty good deals on straight tins I just need to know what year and models will fit my lowrider. Thanks in advance?

Jeremy

Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
JeepsandHD
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently asked the same question about a 2000 LR, but did not get a response. An option is to check with your dealer, someone in the parts dept. should help you out.

Good luck.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:13 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as the 06 - 08 Dyna tins go, the Low Rider and Street Bobs use the same sheet metal. The tins from the Super Glide and Super Glide Custom will fit, but you will also need to change the instruments and hardware on the console. The 06 and later WG tank and rear fender will bolt up, but again require some hardware. The WG front fender is too wide. I THINK the tanks from 04 and later fuel injected Dynas should fit. The fenders from pre-06 Dynas will not bolt up as they are narrower.

Please do not rely solely on this info. Verify fitment before you buy.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would stick with 06-08 year tins. i know i have been looking on ebay to for some tins for my buddy and there are some nice low rider tins. i know you have to purchase a kit to install a bob tail fender on a bike that did not come stock with one. also your going to want a tank that is setup for fuel injection. and they did do a little redesign in 06 on the dynas, dont know what all that consisted of. so your safest bet would to go with 06+ paint set for dyna, except for the wide, keeping in mind your current dash so you dont have the added expense of buying a new dash also.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:31 AM
ksscooter
Cruiser

Why wouldn't you just use your own tins for the repaint? The bike is torn down anyway, and it would save a lot of money and hassle. Am I missing something?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
As far as the 06 - 08 Dyna tins go, the Low Rider and Street Bobs use the same sheet metal. The tins from the Super Glide and Super Glide Custom will fit, but you will also need to change the instruments and hardware on the console. The 06 and later WG tank and rear fender will bolt up, but again require some hardware. The WG front fender is too wide. I THINK the tanks from 04 and later fuel injected Dynas should fit. The fenders from pre-06 Dynas will not bolt up as they are narrower.

Please do not rely solely on this info. Verify fitment before you buy.
100% accurate.

If you are planning on painting, you might get a better deal if you buy the parts individually? Who cares if they don't match?

Just a thought, that way you could pick up a 04-08 LR or St Bob tank, then get 06-08 FXD, FXDL, FXDB, or FXDC fenders?

As mentioned - you could also buy an 04-08 WG tank which is the same as an 07-08 FXDC tank and 08 FatBob tank, but in this case you need all new dash parts, which is a big expense. You'll also lose your tach.

Dont buy an FXD tank (or 06 FXDC) unless you want to move the speedo to the bars and also lose your tach.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
jrsmith_80
Tourer

Originally Posted by ksscooter
Why wouldn't you just use your own tins for the repaint? The bike is torn down anyway, and it would save a lot of money and hassle. Am I missing something?

Because I dont want the down time plus I am thinking of completely removing the tail light which means I will have to patch the hole that is there from the factory.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM
jrsmith_80
Tourer

Originally Posted by glide05
100% accurate.

If you are planning on painting, you might get a better deal if you buy the parts individually? Who cares if they don't match?

Just a thought, that way you could pick up a 04-08 LR or St Bob tank, then get 06-08 FXD, FXDL, FXDB, or FXDC fenders?

As mentioned - you could also buy an 04-08 WG tank which is the same as an 07-08 FXDC tank and 08 FatBob tank, but in this case you need all new dash parts, which is a big expense. You'll also lose your tach.

Dont buy an FXD tank (or 06 FXDC) unless you want to move the speedo to the bars and also lose your tach.
This is exactly what I plan on doing. I want to buy the parts seperatly because I can get them alot cheaper than buying a set. And since it will be painted I dont care about the color or minor imperfections. Thanks for the input this is exactly the answer I was hoping to get. Now it is time to go shopping. Thanks

Jeremy