Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 AM
bjv11383
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander

I just installed the PC III and the K & N Filter on my Fat Bob. The PC III was ordered through FuelMoto.com and was premapped for my exhaust and filter, should I have it dynoed? Howw would I tell if it is not running properly with the map that is on the PC III when I bought it????

Thanks

Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 AM
LwRdXtReMe2K
Intermediate

I have the same thing and just installed it last week. I dont know what to do either. Mines running fine and there isn't any poping on decel so im assuming its working correctly. I havent really noticed any power gains or differences. Just a lot louder!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 AM
mrperez
Road Captain

did they give you the disc? And I was told not to waste my money on a dyno tune unless you do engine work. I used to have alot of problems with my bike popping on decel alot, I had to re-map it myself, of course with the help of "Piginablanket". He sent me a copy of a map.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 AM
MNrider
Tourer

Mine is from fuelmoto also. Make sure you hook it up to a laptop and set the min throttle to zero. Other than that, mine ran fine. It's much smoother through the gears and no more surges. I almost forgot, it runs cooler too.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my PC III for my StreetBob from Fuelmoto mapped for my pipes and airbox I specified. I have no issues with performance or with popping using the map supplied. I'm not happy with the fuel mileage but I can live with that as I use my RoadKing for any long distance riding.

Would I have it Dyno'ed - only if I was looking to wring every once of performance out of my current set up. And, even then, I don't know if I would, in the really world, actual be able to see or feel the gain I would get from putting it on a Dyno. Guess my suggestion is to live with the map supplied by them unless you are experiencing performance problems.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
norris
Cruiser

I also bought my pcIII from fuelmoto. I nstalled a new a/c and wasnt going to wait for fuelmoto to send me a new map so I downloaded the new map from dynojet. It ran great but the fuel milage sucked a$$. I called dynojet tech line and the tech lowered the map 5% from 3000 to 4500 rpms. The fuel milage went from 34 to 42mpg. I was very happy with the tech support from dyno jet

Norris

Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Sweedy
Cruiser

I was running my FB with PC 111,SE 1 air and Rush mufflers 1000 mile on a "universal" map before the first service and dyno run and the engine runs much better/smoother after the dyno so for me it was a big difference in handling.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bjv11383
I just installed the PC III and the K & N Filter on my Fat Bob. The PC III was ordered through FuelMoto.com and was premapped for my exhaust and filter, should I have it dynoed? Howw would I tell if it is not running properly with the map that is on the PC III when I bought it????

Thanks
K&N filter or K&N stage 1 a/c kit? There IS a difference.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mrperez
did they give you the disc? And I was told not to waste my money on a dyno tune unless you do engine work. I used to have alot of problems with my bike popping on decel alot, I had to re-map it myself, of course with the help of "Piginablanket". He sent me a copy of a map.
So you got it running good? Glad to help.
Oh yea and that air cleaner you have looks familiar.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:41 PM
tramp
Cruiser

i was thinking about playing around with the intake and exhaust
but i do get great milage now and don't want to screw it up
i get 45 to 47mpg

Quick Reply: Power Commander