Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Dyna Tuning Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:18 AM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 06 Dyna Tuning Problems

ORIGINAL: kennyb

When the mechanic saw that I had red Screaming Eagle wires on the bike, he said that I needed the stock wires or Iwould get error codes.
I don't know why the wires would make a difference but I'd be interested in knowing why because I just put on a set of the black SE wires tonight!! My SERT is backordered so I haven't loaded anything yet but I just don't see how those wires would make a difference. The plug will fire just the same, the only difference is that the SE wires have the potential to have a more powerful spark. If a more powerful ignition is bad for the bike then we have some finicky bikes.

I'm going to leave my SE wires on and when I get my SERT if I get some kind of trouble code ignition related then I'll swap the wires back.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:39 AM
kennyb
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KBFXDLI Date 3/21/2006 8:47:33 PM
If you did a stage 2 you should have the bike dyno tuned. The 25 degree injectors are probably going to help but changing the wires can effect the ignition and efi system because it's a closed loop system and it is very precise. If you go buy a new Chevy and pull off the exhaust and put on non specific ignition parts you will end up with the same type of problems. Welcome to the high technology age of electronics. BTW, I just did a complete tune up on my 2002 Chevy Suburban......irridium plugs and new wires that's it and it will last 75-100,000 miles and took 45 minutes. Electronics are here to stay.......carbs are gone forever.
I am going to get it dynoed when my big shots staggered arrive. I guess my point is that if my pipes were already in I would have got it dynoed before the 25 degree injectors. Now I just foundout about the stock ignition wires. I've watched the transmission bearing issue "go away"
I've brought my bike in for the tranny recall.
I've watched the service intervals go up on tranny and primary fluids.

My question is this. I want to get my pipes tune and my bike correctly. Can I do this now, or willmy money spent on the dyno be wasted because the manufacturer found out something else to be modified this May?

Again, I love this bike and I love to tinker, But I need to know for sure when everything is right. I am all for EFI, but I need an EFI that is right so I can tune my bike.

I guess I'm just venting frustration here, but I also think I have areal good point here.
Again, any good info or news on what's happening with the 06 dyna situation is welcomed.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:51 AM
kennyb
Novice

I don't know why the wires would make a difference but I'd be interested in knowing why because I just put on a set of the black SE wires tonight!! My SERT is backordered so I haven't loaded anything yet but I just don't see how those wires would make a difference. The plug will fire just the same, the only difference is that the SE wires have the potential to have a more powerful spark. If a more powerful ignition is bad for the bike then we have some finicky bikes.

I'm going to leave my SE wires on and when I get my SERT if I get some kind of trouble code ignition related then I'll swap the wires back.

The mechanic said because the S E wires are 8mm instead of 7mm there is different resistance causing problems. I even changed back to stock plugs today. My dealer is actually awesome and is going to do some minor tuning with my SERT when he downloads the calibration adjustment for 25 degree injectors. I sure like the red wires though

Old 03-22-2006, 09:08 AM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: kennyb

The mechanic said because the S E wires are 8mm instead of 7mm there is different resistance causing problems.
I don't see that the wires would make a negative differnce, but I guess I'll just see for myself. I'm not changing them back unless something pops up.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

C'mon Dynabob, snap out of this funk you're in. You loved your bike so much ......whats going on?

ORIGINAL: DyNaBoB

its not the epa its harley they voulenterd to do this o2 senser crap for the epa. nothing was broke before if it aint broke dont fix it. i bought the first one out of the crate and has been in the shop over and over and its still stock i didnt buy a 14,000 dollar bike to put it in a shop have patience my *** i want to ride the f ing thing you call a harley

Old 03-22-2006, 12:10 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a metric and it runs better than the dyna .And bigdog your bike runs because it has stage 1 and download i aint doing **** untill the damn thing runs right stock. ill probly sell the bob and go to the softtail delux with a carb.the thing with my bob is like it is a fuel issue yea i get some poping but i could deal with that its when i give her a twist and its just blank then goes pow and kicks back in its actualy dangerous i think the 25s r gonna help

[IMG]local://upfiles/8434/0C137A98BADF44E0B089212F4648270D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-22-2006, 01:26 PM
blzbro
Advanced

DyNaBoB, is the dealership where you bought your bike finally gonna change your injectors?
Hope that does the trick for you Brudda.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no i found a different dealer that is gonna take good care of me.its going in today hope the injectors work i beleive they will.i hope so anyway i just want to be happy with my bob

Old 03-22-2006, 03:53 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hope you get this fixed bro...good luck at that second dealer.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:31 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im thinking dynabob maybe the color has sumthing to do with the way it runs?

Quick Reply: 06 Dyna Tuning Problems