Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Installed Jackyl's 2" Tank Lift!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:26 PM
mikel61101
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that one but i cant tell i even tried looking at mine then that one and i think i just need a side by side same bike position ya know what i mean????

Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jackyl: Is there a discount for HDforum members?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:25 PM
dynasty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good man. my cross over line was ok but i realized during a different mod that i had pulled the vent tube off the tank. smelled gas a couple times but didn't think about it. worth checking if you're vent tube appears to be tight.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 PM
TexasSnake
Banned
Default Thanks Jackyl!

Installed Jackyl's 2" lift kit on my 07 FXDWG six months back. Took under half an hour.

I got a heads up on the install from Jackyl and the HD forum so I was ready to go when I got it from Jackyl. Really fast shipping and he included every possible connection I could have needed. The fuel crossover line does touch the frame, but it is in no way constricted or cramped against it.

The triple trees just touched the fuel tank on the on the left side (in the locked position). I used a round file to grind off about 2mm of metal of the rear fuel tank flanges to drop it back a bit and allow the handlebars to completely clear the tank.

There really does sem to be a big improvement on areodynamics. The Wide Glide was a real wind hog before and now the turbulence is nil.

Oh yeah, the lift really streamlines the WG, IMHO. Even the stock flames still look level and in-line with the lines of the motorcycle. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks Jackyl!!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Duff
Tourer

Originally Posted by TexasSnake
Installed Jackyl's 2" lift kit on my 07 FXDWG six months back. Took under half an hour.

I got a heads up on the install from Jackyl and the HD forum so I was ready to go when I got it from Jackyl. Really fast shipping and he included every possible connection I could have needed. The fuel crossover line does touch the frame, but it is in no way constricted or cramped against it.

The triple trees just touched the fuel tank on the on the left side (in the locked position). I used a round file to grind off about 2mm of metal of the rear fuel tank flanges to drop it back a bit and allow the handlebars to completely clear the tank.

There really does sem to be a big improvement on areodynamics. The Wide Glide was a real wind hog before and now the turbulence is nil.

Oh yeah, the lift really streamlines the WG, IMHO. Even the stock flames still look level and in-line with the lines of the motorcycle. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks Jackyl!!
Thanks for the WG reply.
I lefted the tank up yeaterday to check clearance and it is VERY tight.
I am going to look into shifting the tank back a bit as you have done. I like the look it gives the bike.