Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got new Dyna will frame support sidecar

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008 | 08:35 AM
Backwoodsrider
|
Intermediate
Default Got new Dyna will frame support sidecar

Hey everyone great forum this is my first post. Still working on finding way to attach sidecar to the Street Bob. Have a fabricater looking at attaching the Tomco sidecar to my Harley and he is a little concerned about the frame strength near the footpeg. He said Harely added a piece of metal to the dyna model down there because the frame was cracking and he is concerned about having to maybe weld a cross member or do some frame modification to the bike so it can safely support the car. I am not concerned much about voiding the warranty but just hoping the 4 other brackets will be able to take enough of the load off so there is not a risk of the frame breaking down near the foot peg. Is that wishful thinking and should I be looking at making some frame modifications when mounting the sidecar?

Last edited by Backwoodsrider; 08-21-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2008 | 09:17 AM
speedjunkie
Road Captain

I have considered a hack for my LR on occasion. The kid would love it, but quickly get bored I fear, so I haven't pursued it. But, if I were you, I'd call Duantless. If it can be done, I imagine they've done it. Let us know.

http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/

Mike