Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the Thunderslide make much difference?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008 | 08:44 PM
timberwolfz28
|
Road Master
Default Does the Thunderslide make much difference?

I mean, I know it will do it's job, but is it worth the price difference over just a $5 rejet? This would be fore a bike with aftermarket a/c and 2 into 1 exhaust, possibly cams later

Old 08-21-2008 | 07:08 AM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member

Worth the price difference?
No, not if you are paying $85.00+ for a Dynojet kit.
Biggest rip off outside a stealership
The cost of a couple of individual jets is just a few bucks.

Weather it actually does anything performance wise is also debatable IMO.

Old 08-21-2008 | 03:24 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dooley
Worth the price difference?
No, not if you are paying $85.00+ for a Dynojet kit.
Biggest rip off outside a stealership
The cost of a couple of individual jets is just a few bucks.

Weather it actually does anything performance wise is also debatable IMO.
I beg to differ .....

I installed the screaming eagle kit made by dynojet...(the same dynojet kit they sell for 85-95 for only 75)
made a big difference in performance and throttle response over changing out just a low speed jet and shimming the needle(as well as other home remedies)...

I for one will say get the basic kit and install it...I did not get the thunderslide from dynojet. that is more for a bike that has had internal work done to motor not for stage one (at least from what I read at dynojets site).

the only difference I personally had over the instructions is they recommend starting your air fuel 3.5 turns out...that is too rich for my bike I run it 2.5 turns out.
bike completely woke up with this kit...

Old 10-05-2008 | 07:03 AM
Rain
Tourer

I just installed a thunderslide kit in my 2002 Electra Glide and believe that it made a big difference. It's stage 1 and I went to rejet and found that someone had already changed the emulsion tube so I couldn't buy a bigger main jet that would fit locally. Spoke with a few people and bit the bullet on the kit price and put it in yesterday.

I haven't had the Glide long but it felt pretty weak in throttle response on the highway compared to the RK I used to have and I was always shifting back and forth between 4th and 5th running 55 to 65 mph. After installing the kit now I can just give it a little more throttle at 55 to 60 in 5th and it'll roll on up. I don't lug but am not shifting as much. Granted I have one day with it so far after the install but will see.

The kit also came with a coupon for a free dyno run so that makes the price of the kit a little easier to swallow. Maybe just a bigger main jet would have done this but I'm happy with it.

Old 10-05-2008 | 01:52 PM
FXDHippie
6th Gear

Bought the kit from Dyno-jet,one of the biggest things is the lighter spring ,quicker throttle response.It also had a couple extra jets for future upgrades (cam,heads,big bore) good luck.....