Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Collection Addition......wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 PM
FXDF MYK
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, I am a cheap bastard, thats 8 bottles of Jack

Old 08-21-2008, 03:59 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea FXDF MYK....... they even have one with the Old No 7 logo you can get.
Secret Agent.....you're right. They custom make the housing, then round it out for a Harley timing cover to be inserted. That way, it keeps the overall look "true" to the others pieces in your collection. This isn't a rinky dink cover either. I bought a cover for my Dyna with the "script" HD writing on it from an Ebay Vendor. Paid around $70.......but it's got a paper thin metal housing and no way chromed like this Willie G Skull cover is. It's like night and day.
Anyway, you only live once and at our ages ( I'm 58 and hubby is 68) these will be the last bikes we'll ever own, so we're splurging. Actually I'm getting a set of the V&H Big Radius pipes with a PCIII, a new 5 3/4" headlamp plus a set of fog lamps all with PIAA bulbs in them, chrome rear sprocket, sundowner seat and removable sissy bar. And If I'm a really good girl, maybe a chrome swing arm. Just depends on how good a mood Santa's in.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:43 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,846 Likes on 13,479 Posts

Originally Posted by LWOS
Yea FXDF MYK....... they even have one with the Old No 7 logo you can get.
Secret Agent.....you're right. They custom make the housing, then round it out for a Harley timing cover to be inserted. That way, it keeps the overall look "true" to the others pieces in your collection. This isn't a rinky dink cover either. I bought a cover for my Dyna with the "script" HD writing on it from an Ebay Vendor. Paid around $70.......but it's got a paper thin metal housing and no way chromed like this Willie G Skull cover is. It's like night and day.
Anyway, you only live once and at our ages ( I'm 58 and hubby is 68) these will be the last bikes we'll ever own, so we're splurging. Actually I'm getting a set of the V&H Big Radius pipes with a PCIII, a new 5 3/4" headlamp plus a set of fog lamps all with PIAA bulbs in them, chrome rear sprocket, sundowner seat and removable sissy bar. And If I'm a really good girl, maybe a chrome swing arm. Just depends on how good a mood Santa's in.
SANTA likes really good girls but he LOVES really,really bad girls!LOL.You are going to have a cool bike,thanks for the horn cover tip.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:53 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Rawhide 07.........
Yee--Ha!!! So that's why they make those black leather chaps and vests. Giddy Up Daddy

Old 08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,846 Likes on 13,479 Posts

You got it!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:04 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Hybby finally got the Willie G custom horn installed on the bike. Here are the photos

Old 09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDF MYK
yep, I am a cheap bastard, thats 8 bottles of Jack
You think like me.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
gemer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have agree with others, really nice but too expensive for my taste....

Old 09-25-2008, 08:29 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 512 Likes on 315 Posts

From a statement on their website. This is why they ain't cheap:
All products are CNC machined from solid 6061 - T6 aluminum and showroom chromed

Oh yeah, American made too. You want made in America, and not some cheap offshore junk? Your gonna have to pay for it.

Billet aluminum plus American labor ain't cheap.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:44 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

I can tell you the mechanic who installed it for us was very impressed with workmanship, weight and size of the horn cover. You wont see many of these on other bikes.......that's for sure. One doesnt go out and spend a bunch of money on your "pride and joy" only to start going cheap on accessories. At least, that's our opinion. Thanks for pointing out the Quality aspect of the cover RollaMo.....

Quick Reply: Skull Collection Addition......wow