Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a small, lightweigh full face helmet

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Looking for a small, lightweigh full face helmet

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have a DOT full face that I wear occasionally but its to damn heavy for highway speeds and kills my neck. Are there any other alternatives? I hate wearing half helmets as they always fly up on me and begin to choke me after a while (I've tried a couple half helmets that have both fit me very well and both did the same).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:32 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is probably the wrong forum for full-face info, but it seems like they get more expensive as they get lighter (and quieter). I have a Z1R modular I like that I wear in cooler weather, and I've heard people brag about HJC as being a good deal...or you could always go for the top line ones like Arai, Shoei, etc. You'll just have to check around since head shapes, wallets, and tastes vary.

Last edited by Dawg Rider; 08-20-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:04 AM
ehretja
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adrian, i've got an HJC CS-12 full face and i think its a cl-31 3/4 open face. Both were inexpensive and moderatly comfortable. Though i'm sure you get what you pay for. They're a bit noisy and also a bit heavy. For daily riding i use a NXL Sports half helmet that i found works very well. Very light and definitely not cheap for a half helmet. They also make 3/4 and full helmets. Though i'm no authority. I've owned a bunch of helmets of all different types because i'm not completely happy with any of them. Thats probably more of a factor of not wanting to drop $300 or more on a top of the line lid.

Jeff

Old 08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

I have worn full face helmets exclusively for about 15 years now, and while there are quality helmets at lower prices (HJC, Scorpion), I have never regretted springing for the $300+ models. Like Dawg Rider said, the more expensive ones are lighter and the padding provides a more snug comfortable fit, typically stronger materials, though not always quieter (usually due to better venting). I always wear earplugs though so that's not an issue. I've had several AGV helmets I really liked, but I'm currently wearing an Arai Quantum II I found cheap on ebay since it was a discontinued paint scheme. Find one that fits you right and it will be worth the money.

Last edited by Redbeard; 08-26-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:09 PM
dickie2679
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 'shoei Raid 2' it's light, quiet and comes with a visor insert that stops it misting in the winter.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the simpson outlaw bandit, very light weight, very comfortable, aggressive look and doesn't look so big for a full face! Check it out on their website

Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

go to webbikeworld.com - they have an extensive helmet database to include weight.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:09 AM
ksscooter
Cruiser

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm

This is a great resource for helmet reviews. I have an older Simpson Bandit that I love but is really beyond it's expected life, and a newer Simpson Outlaw that is hot in the summer and not easy getting my eye classes on through the opening. I'm considering a modular of some sort.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:16 AM
06flstf
Tourer

HJC here, mostly just for cold weather or dirty city highways where there is allot of road grime kicked up.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:29 AM
808BOB
Advanced

I'm using a Shoei X-eleven, super light, great fit for my head shape, quieter than Arai, but $$$.

Quick Reply: Looking for a small, lightweigh full face helmet