Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:22 AM
metalfred74
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traffic signs, huh? lol. I only wonder where you came about those!

I'm not familiar with the fat bob style. I'm new to Harley's. Learning as much as I can.

I have an 07 sporty. Relocated turn signals. Would the brackets, you speak off, work on my bike?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:56 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by metalfred74

I'm not familiar with the fat bob style. I'm new to Harley's. Learning as much as I can.

I have an 07 sporty. Relocated turn signals. Would the brackets, you speak off, work on my bike?

they make brackets for a Sporty. Here's a link to their web page: http://www.easybrackets.com/products...y_davidson.htm

Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 AM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by metalfred74

I have worked for municipalites for 22 yrs. Have access to plenty of old signs that are are disposed of. Many handy uses for that type of metal.

Yea, I had to relocate the turn signals on my Wideglide.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 AM
metalfred74
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well guys... I ended up going the cheap route..... black zip ties...LOL.

My original problem was that the shoe strings and strap sthat came with the bags, where not holding them down in the wind. I looked like a bird starting to fly. I have the saddlemen tatoo jumbo bags. The bags have hard backs. Look and work nice. I little big for the bike, but otherwise good.

So, I drilled a couple holes for the zip tie to go through the bags, and around the support brackets. I used 4 on each side. And, then I took some black RTV sealant to the inside of the bag to plug the holes. It looks good, and functions good. I just won't be taking the bags off anytime soon. And, If I want to, I have some snippers and some new zip ties along for the ride. Oh, I and I bought the 75lb. zip ties.

A little reminder for myself. Check foot pegs bolts before going on a trip. They get loose after a bit. Time for some lock tite.