Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I test rode a 2009 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:35 PM
ksscooter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I test rode a 2009 Street Bob

Saturday I took advantage of the H-D Demo tour and got to test ride a 2009 Street Bob. If you haven't seen the new rear end treatment it's pretty funky in my opinion. The tail light looks like it was ordered out of a JC Whitney catalog and the clean and mean look is a fond memory from the back for 2009. I'm only 5'7" but I felt the bike was really cramped. My Low Rider has mid foot controls but seems much roomier. Highway pegs would be a requirement on it. On the plus side the heat problem didn't seem near as pronounced as the 2006 Low Rider I had demoed. The icing on the cake was when I cracked the throttle. The 09' SB absolutely rocked. Between the light weight and 96" motor the bike was an absolute gas to ride. I had an ear to ear grin when I rolled back into the parking lot.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 AM
LwRdXtReMe2K
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has looks that you will have to get used to. There are a lot of "new" things about it and it takes time. I cant wait until I get through my break in period then I can really see what it can do. I already cracked the throttle a few times and was very impressed. I have my exhaust and intake coming this week. The first thing I did was install forward controls. I didnt get to ride it with mids beuase I knew I wanted forwards; and it is a very relaxed ride with them. I hated that the exhaust because it was so quiet but thats the way it is for all Harley bikes from the factory; and it's just another thing that uses more of you money right away but it must be done.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:32 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD absolutley RUINED the Street Bob platform for 2009 with this haphazrd design. Why have a blackened engine jug with a crap-stock-grey treatment on the rest of the block? It just looks cheap. The rear end is just way too ugly to even discuss.

I am so glad I have an 07.....those with 06 to 08's should really treasure and hang on to them. In the next 10 years they will be a valued commodity.

This new design will either s l o w l y catch on - highly unlikely IMHO - or be the ultimate undoing of the Street Bob platform altogether, which is what I see happening. My two local dealers cringe whenever they look at them on their showroom floor...and no ones buying them.

HD doesn't always make the right choices....discontinuing the Wide Glide? Who is running this new genius band of designers anyway....?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by flynavy
HD absolutley RUINED the Street Bob platform for 2009 with this haphazrd design. Why have a blackened engine jug with a crap-stock-grey treatment on the rest of the block? It just looks cheap. The rear end is just way too ugly to even discuss.

I am so glad I have an 07.....those with 06 to 08's should really treasure and hang on to them. In the next 10 years they will be a valued commodity.

This new design will either s l o w l y catch on - highly unlikely IMHO - or be the ultimate undoing of the Street Bob platform altogether, which is what I see happening. My two local dealers cringe whenever they look at them on their showroom floor...and no ones buying them.

HD doesn't always make the right choices....discontinuing the Wide Glide? Who is running this new genius band of designers anyway....?
I agree - the engine should have stayed all black. I think Harley wanted to sell more chrome. Most who purchased the previous year models left the engine appearance pretty much alone. With this butt ugly motor, you have to spend to make it look good. Regardless, I do like the bobbed fender, and the taillight doesn't bother me.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
damerleball
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I'm not even a Streetbob owner, I own a 06 SuperGlide Custom and from the way that so called mean bad *** machine looks I'll stick with my 06 FXDCI. I understand changes, but they change from good to worse. I just don't think Willie G designed that bike. I think My 06-FXDCI is a whole lot better looking than that piece of ****. If you're going to make an engine a certain color stick with one color as well at least the engine would had a better apperance that way. For all you guys that own an 06-08 SB you're safe, I'll keep them.

Attached Thumbnails I test rode a 2009 Street Bob-phot0013.jpg   I test rode a 2009 Street Bob-phot0023.jpg