Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new Street Bob handle bars........

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

First off...keep the faith bro.....I am a career NCO and have done 2 tours over there.....so do your job, trust in the Lord, and pray daily......then whatever happens was meant to happen...whether you understand it or not.

Second, the above poster was right, on the Street Bob, they integrated the risers into the top tree in 2008. This is B.S.!

How to deal with it? Okay.....you can buy a top tree for a Superglide and swap it on, and then you will have the ability to do what you want with the risers. $hitty deal, but it's the only option you have if YOU MUST have the Street Bob.

If you get a superglide you save some coin, but you get a silver powdercoated motor instead of black powdercoating, mag wheels instead of spokes, a normal rear fender, and some other little piddily little $hit.

If you want the Street Bob, then get that......ride it for awhile....who knows? Maybe you will like what it comes with and then you don't have to do a thing! If you want to change it, then do it! Hell, I bought a Superglide and changed everything~!

The absolute BEST move you can make is to buy the bike through AAFES while you are deployed. When I was in Korea, I bought my dad a brand new XL 883 Sportster and saved close to two thousand dollars, because I bought a leftover from last year that was still in the crate unopened, so it was still brand new! Check on this. Tell the AAFES rep to look for 2007's first. Then 2008's. They will most likely have a couple in stock. If there are leftovers, they offer rebates on these. Worst case, you only have a couple of color options. Then you get it painted the way you want when you get home. If you really don't want to do that, then just order a new one. Either way, they guarantee they will beat ANY offer, you just have to send them the offer so they can validate it. one year ago I had a chance to get a Road Glide for 16K and didn't do it! It was a leftover. I regret that one!

Any questions feel free to ask, as I have bought through AAFES before.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 08-12-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:40 AM
bosken
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I THINK they did this "upgrade" (downgrade) because on the 06-07 the old bars/risers moved alot when braking and accelerating when having stock apes or higher bars.
Better stability.
I could be wrong but I noticed the anoying movement on my 07. Read about others in this forum that had the same issue.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

the stock bars look kinds goofy on a st. bob if you dont push the bars forward about 4-5 inches. that makes a big difference in the way it looks and feels. but also makes turning a hair harder. but good luck over there and keep your head down.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
SecretAgent
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shimmon
the stock bars look kinds goofy on a st. bob if you dont push the bars forward about 4-5 inches. that makes a big difference in the way it looks and feels. but also makes turning a hair harder. but good luck over there and keep your head down.
agreed, i thought i was the only one that figured that out!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by JRK5892
that is not that they restricted you... MOCO made it so now you have to buy somehting else to just change the bars... lame!
Could not say it any better.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
ksscooter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a set of Ness beach bars on 4" straight up risers on my Low Rider and couldn't be happier. The original set up felt like I was reaching out to hang on to a big wheelbarrel. I'm not a big guy though.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:50 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are still ALLOT of different bars you can use.In fact the only type of bars you can't use are drag bars on taller risers.But you could get a set of T bars that would look damn near the same.You can get clamp on "dog bone" type risers that would give you even more flexibility than a standard triple clamp.My bars are flat track bars that would work fine with the built in risers on an 08, so would standard Superglide or Sportster bars.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sycle1
Top triple tree with provision for risers to suit 08 Streetbob $408.00 from Chicago Harley
Wow! You can get top and bottom Wide Glide trees from them for less than that.