Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008 | 10:13 AM
thrillseeker
|
Road Warrior
Default Fuel Pump

I'm posting here to see if I get a little more commentary than I did in the tech section....

So, a few weeks ago I suddenly noticed a high pitched tone coming from my tank console area. it sounds just like the EFI priming, just not as loud.
not sure if I posted here, since the site was still in "issue" mode, I probably didn't.
At another site it was suggested that I might have holes in my internal fuel line - "check valve assembly". I talked to the SM at my local dealer, and he said turn the system on with my ear up to the tank filler hole, if I hear bubbles, that is the issue... I heard what sounded like bubbles, so I concluded I must have holes in that line.

I replaced the line, and did the filter since I was in there. Only 17k on the bike, but figured i might as well.

I am still hearing this damn tone. It has to be the fuel pump, there is nothing else in that area that would make a sound like that.

The bike seems to be running OK.. problem is once I hear an unusual sound, I start to get hyper senstive and everything starts to feel like it is off.

So, I'm thinking I'm gonna replace the filter. ... unless there are other suggestions. It may be nothing, but I hate hearing it, I hate hearing anything out of the ordinary, and I would hate to get stranded when/if the pump craps out on me.
With that said, is there an aftermarket fuel pump i should consider rather than the stock replacement from HD?

thanks