Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII map savvy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:39 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default PCIII map savvy?

Bike specs available on sig below. I have been running the map that came with the unit from Fuel Moto and am averaging 40mpg Hwy, 35mpg city. Good performance, decent head temps, and smooth operation, just a little decel gurgle, no backfireing. Based on the mpg, and reading up on how most guys are well into the high 40s or even 50 on the highway, I am guessing this map is a little rich. Does anyone have an alternate map or an idea on what cells I should try to lean out? Is it worth taking this bike to a dynamometer? I can't attach the map because it is not a supported file, but I can email it to anyone who wants to take a look. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search on PC111. There was a post that said subtract 5 from the values in your cruising range. On my 06 UC I changed the values in the 2800 to 3200 rpm ranges and increased mpg. The post was very well written and had all of the details. Be sure to save your original MAP and new MAP under different names so that you can always go back to the original if you do not like the new changes.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:56 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior

Thanks, I will give it a shot. I did a search, but PCIII is referenced so much, between signature mod lists to the debate over which management to use that I came up with over 500 results not having to do with maps at all.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
jlb0038
Road Captain

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

You may want to give the PCIII canned map M814-010 a try. Its an advanced map for Rush slip ons, but it ran great when I was using Khrome Werks slip ons. The SE slip on map runs decent too (M814-007). I also tried using Fuel Motos map for the slip ons and I changed pretty quick. I believe he sends the same map for any slip on. Thats what he did when I changed slip ons and requested a new map. He sent the same one.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:13 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah he sent me the same map for V H slip ons as a new map for the old open up loud as hell screaming eagle, I called and told him the new pipes were much more opened up. I resent the map request with all details and am expecting a new one shortly I hope. Till then I'm using the M814-07 with pretty good results, if nothing else I can use that as a good base map and for 2 bucks get a tune off of that one. I run PCIII for performance not milage, but I think Im getting 39 to 42 with the M814-007 with accelerator pump turned to 20%, I had another map and set the acc pump up to 40%, ran great even two up but I was only getting 34 mpg. Send a request to Fuel Moto and call and tell them what you want they have lotso maps avail.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:52 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior

Thanks guys. I was getting 39-40 on the highway last two road trips, and just I checked my mileage today after a tank of strictly town driving. 80 miles took 2.99 gallons, 27mpg. I switched to M814-007 and rode 30 miles today, twisties and hills. I am hoping this map is better, but think a dyno is in my future. I wanted to hold out for a few months until I slap in a bolt-in camshaft, but you know how it goes.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I'm big on dyno tuning of you have a competent tuner available. I spent time tinkering with PCIII settings because I enjoy tinkering. I thought I had it dialed in until I had it dyno'ed. Mine ran me $200 and was worth every penny.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior

Yeah, there is a Dynomax listed facility here in town, but finding the time to do it is tight right now. I think they quoted me around $250, which isn't bad considering the price of labor in my area.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Ask if you can watch the process. My tuner explained every step of the process. It was cool. Ask your local guy if he tunes each cylinder independently. Many tuners will just map the front jug to the rear with a pre-calculated adjustment instead of taking the time to perform a real dyno run,

Old 08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior

I'll ask him if I can sit in. If the guy is not willing to let me watch the runs I gotta wonder why.

Quick Reply: PCIII map savvy?