Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i'm selling my bike, layed it down again

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:47 PM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm selling my bike, layed it down again

thats three ****ing times i dont know whats wrong with me i been riding since iwas 13 and never layed a bike down this much maybe this just ain't the bike for me,

thank gawd they all been low speed this was the worst though i glanced down t check my speed just as the lady in front of me panic stopped to make a turn, i locked it up and the bike went down she just drove away but we didn't hit each other i got road rash all over my left arm i was probably only going 20 or so when it happened,

they rubber shifter lever broke off and one of the c clamps on my windshield needs to be replaced but other than that the streetbob is a tough son of a bitch not one other thing wrong

i may feel different in a few day but right now i rode the sum bitch home and parked it and don't want to look at it right now,

i'm ****ing depressed man i been riding all my life and been down especialy on dirt bikes lots of times but this is my show bike my 44 year old shot at youth and its gonna kill me

but i walked away and the bike drove away can't ask for much more than, that
freebyrd

Old 08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear about the laydown. Just leave it parked and don't think about it for a few days. Then fix the crap that broke and take it for a ride. If your confidence with it is gone, sell it or trade it. Just give it a few days. I rode dirt for years too and dumped them all the time. The last time I dropped a street bike was about 15 years ago. Had to lay it down to save my butt. I still think about it now and then. Just do some other stuff for a while and let it go. Good luck.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:49 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If youve been riding since you were 13 is it possible youre getting too comfortable? Kinda like the safety briefing I give in firearms classes. The most dangerous people around guns are the ones that have been around them all their lives. Because theyre comfortable handling them and they lose that fear of them.

Just a thought. Sorry about the bike and the road rash.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:08 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Bummer, Freebyrd. Glad you're OK, though. Like earlier reply, get away from it for a few days. Grab a big iced glass, pour two meaty microbrews into it, kick back in a chair with some Skynyrd cranking on the stereo and savor how sweet life is. You'll be rarin' to get back on it before the final track of Street Survivors. Come to think of it, that's JUST the album you need to kick back to, since you are one! Good luck!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes it happens, have a cold one, relax.\
Tomorrow ride....carefully!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Went for a ride with a group of strangers a few years ago. Roads were wet from rain the night before. Was following an old guy on a metric when all the sudden, about 500ft from a curve he must have double downshifted and dumped the clutch, his back end got all squirrely and he layed it on the left side at about 30 mph. After he came to a stop on his back luckily, like a tipped turtle, we picked him and his bike up and straightened the mirrors and shift lever. I noticed dents and scratches on the right side of the bike and asked him about them. He said "Oh yeah, I had to lay it down the week before to miss a car that stopped to turn left. Now there's someone who should find another hobby.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Absolutely no offense intended here but, maybe it's time to get into the advanced motorcycle safety course. Those guys have a way of re-opening our eyes to the bad habits we develope and I know in my case it has helped me to become a better rider. Either way, you have to do what's right for you even if it's selling the bike. Good luck.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:16 PM
hdslam
Tourer

I agree w/ Ackman1968. Sounds like you panicked and locked up the front and rears. W/ the advanced training the instructor should teach students what to expect and how to react. Meaning locking up the front brake, releasing and back on the brake. It takes alot of practice, and confidence.

Don't give up the ship. Three weeks ago, a dumb Biotch failed to stop for a stop sign and made a left right in front of me. Unfortunately, there was only about 20 feet between our vehicles when she did it. I was going 45, decelled to 35 and smash, right into the driver's door. I went sailing for about 25 yards, so they tell me. Just got out of the hospital, and can't wait to get back on. Should be about another month or two before all is well. Nothing broke. Anyway, take a few days off, and look into an advanced course.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:23 PM
freebyrd
Road Master

thanks for the encouragement drew i've noticed in situations like these the judgment crew come out
in force
thanks
freebyrd

Old 08-09-2008, 08:33 PM
ddog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense, but maybe it's time to take a MSF of Rider's Edge course to refocus.

Quick Reply: i'm selling my bike, layed it down again