Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange sound while riding !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:20 AM
MNrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get a similar squeal. It's intermitant. I found that if I pull in the clutch, it won't make the squeal. It's like a quick chirp or like something is rubbing. But it's not constant. I'm thinking it's just the belt breaking in still or something. Might bring it by the dealer and see what they say.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

check the battary tray. sometimes the battary vibrates against the tray and you have noice. I had aproblem around 50mph and go away around 60 mph i started feeling around the back of the bike and found it what a heck of a time the stealers would of had a good time with that one. Probably rebuild the motor then she would start leaking then charge me again for the same problem.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
e7huizar
6th Gear

it's not the Battary tray. i can also produce the noise when i am stoped. i hit the throttle hard as it comes down i hit it again and it will chirp, squeal, squeak or what ever you call this noise.
i long as i let the throttle go the noise will stop, then slowly give it gas and it will be alright till the next time i i hit the throttle hard.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:30 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure everyone that is have some sounds have check all critical fastners for tightness right? Esp fender bolts, peg mounts, sissybars, etc. If you find something loose, remove it and use some blue loctite.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
e7huizar
6th Gear

i have check on that, and all all critical fastners for tightness. i have taken it to HD ser. dep. to get it check out and they though it was the inner primary berring. had it changed but it still makes the squeal. it sounds like its comming from the primary but have no clue on what it is.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:27 PM
blkdimon8
Tourer

Originally Posted by e7huizar
i have check on that, and all all critical fastners for tightness. i have taken it to HD ser. dep. to get it check out and they though it was the inner primary berring. had it changed but it still makes the squeal. it sounds like its comming from the primary but have no clue on what it is.
Did you take a look at your jiffy stand? have a buddy sit on the bike bring up the jiffy stand and take a look see under neath where it is supposed to settle. Sometimes the rubber mount it is supposed to rest on has moved for one reason or another, and it rattles against the metal piece when you crank up the throttle...

Old 09-26-2008, 05:16 PM
e7huizar
6th Gear

wii just look at my bike with a jiffy stand didn't find anything underneath but i did find metal shavings on my top motor mounts, so i check them out come find out they were loose. i tighten them up and will go for a spin see if that fix the problem.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:25 PM
e7huizar
6th Gear

just got back, and just as thought that fixed the problem. problem fixed
Thanks everyone for your help. its friday, time to ride.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
HELDVR
Cruiser
Default Yep! I got that chirp as well! Just started @ 6300!

Originally Posted by e7huizar
it's not the Battary tray. i can also produce the noise when i am stoped. i hit the throttle hard as it comes down i hit it again and it will chirp, squeal, squeak or what ever you call this noise.
i long as i let the throttle go the noise will stop, then slowly give it gas and it will be alright till the next time i i hit the throttle hard.
I can produce it when idle but when I accel it was until I get up to ~35 mph. It's as if something is rupping together!

Just read the last two post.... checking my mounts tomorrow!

Thanks,

Oh... I also think I can hear the primary bearing/bushing? But I won't panick yet! (Or does this post show that I am panicking??)

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by HELDVR; 09-26-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 PM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

What motor mount and how do you have this problem upper or not there is going to be aproblem if this mount has shavings

Quick Reply: Strange sound while riding !!!!!