Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Read This.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts
Default RE: Please Read This.....

The Stealers are making a profit. I od not begrudge that but they will bang you everywhich way they can and at multiple angles simultaneously if you allow it.

Security system msut come with the bike they'll say or you must buy an extended warranty or how about, "this came form the factory with $1,300 worth of chrome - it was a special variant."

Doc fees, set-up fees, fee-fees (that's the fee they charge for processing your other fees) and every other darned fee you can think of - and some you owuld never think of.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jehu

The Stealers are making a profit. I do not begrudge that but they will bang you everywhich way they can and at multiple angles simultaneously if you allow it.

Security system msut come with the bike they'll say or you must buy an extended warranty or how about, "this came form the factory with $1,300 worth of chrome - it was a special variant."

Doc fees, set-up fees, fee-fees (that's the fee they charge for processing your other fees) and every other darned fee you can think of - and some you owuld never think of.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:52 AM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know what? i had question the same thing a couple times.... i had purchased a sportster, rode it for 3 months put over 2000 miles on it and then took it in late for the 1000 mile service, i walked by my FXDBI that was there when i bought my sportster and it had been sitting there for three monthswith no play. i was in love with the bike when i saw it but thought i wouldnt be approved.. the tag on it was just over 15,000.. i didnt have any idea of the base mrsp of the bike and at the time i didnt care. i asked , would it be possible to sell back my sporty and try an get the bob? my one eyed sales chick said ill check and came back stating that they would give me full retail value back for my sporty but id have to accept the sticker price on the bob no barganing. i got approved to my suprise and left half hour later on the damn thing happier then $hit flushed! i paid a bit more then alot of others buti was treated great with my trade in an got what i wanted... after i saw the base mrsp i was alil flustered but its behind me now and i cant change it.... deal is done , enjoy the bike, make the payments, its well worth it.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:07 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked for a Metric dealer in the early 90's and know for a fact they didn't make squat off bike sales. All their income came from shop labor and the parts department. Minimum markup on any part was 100%.

You did fine, no need to feelyou got hosed.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wake up guys .... What do think they are in the business for ... Just to make friends? Welcome to theworld of retail. Sure they may make a profit. But profit isn't calculated until AFTER the expenses are paid. When was the last time you paid commercial property taxes or utilities?Costs money to make money in thisworld.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:23 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You got a better deal than I did.

Including factory sales incentives, maybe they are making +/- 10% bottom line profit? They have chit to pay for too. If you are pissed, find an indy in your area to take care of all your parts/service needs.

Would you rather take your money and go down the street to the Honda...Yamaha...Suzuki....Kawi...etc shop and hand over your 20K to them?

Didn't think so.

Ride it and enjoy it. You are doing well.

MV

Old 05-29-2007, 12:36 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

ORIGINAL: jdizzie

So, last night I was at the stealer....
...and saw what they paid for the FXDWGI from the MOCO.....

my chest hurts.....

I paid 18,966 w/ mini detachable backrest and bob tail rack
This price is out the door.....includes title, tax, reg, prep and parts installed....OUT THE DOOR.

They paid for the bike 17,130...... difference of 1836..... about 10%

what dou y'all think ???

Did I get robbed......
Could I have done better.....
Did you????
Lemme know......

I think you did O.K., probably average for most people, but you could have done better........or worse. Check out post #11 https://www.hdforums.com/m_1294269/tm.htm

Old 05-29-2007, 12:41 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You bought a WG, hell it's worth double what you paid in comfort and quality anyway.