Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered my windshield for the FXDF

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 PM
redalfa
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the low profile hd detachable and get too much wind buffeting so I hardly ever use it.

However, would like shield when I go over 70 mph on long trips......was thinking of getting the standard hd detachable, but I am afraid it will be too tall and be in my sight line.

I am 5'9", anyone around my size have the standard shield? Do you like it?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:04 AM
CurtO
Novice

I love my HD QR. I much prefer riding without the windsheild. However for longer trips, buggy routes or cooler weather it's real sweet. I'm 5'9" and have the standard height. It's perfect.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 AM
canyonwlf7
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 19 Posts

Give me a break, who needs a windshield on a fatbob! sheesh!!

Old 08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
budbrande
Novice

I just got my Windvest 10-1055CT for my Street Bob. It really fits the lines on the front and I actually like the way it looks. I had to play around with the adjustment to get it the way I wanted but it keeps just enough air off of me at highway speeds to make the ride comfortable. I will really get to test it out next week while on vacation because I will be riding around 500 miles. Here is a photo.

Attached Thumbnails Just ordered my windshield for the FXDF-mk3_1416ss.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my windshield when it's cold or raining or for long highway trips. It makes a big difference. The first time I used mine it buffetted my head above 70 mph but I moved the screen up about 1.5 inches and that cured the problem. The bike is a lot more comfortable to ride at speed for any distance as it reduces the pressure. I don't use it for normal riding.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
FXDF MYK
Cruiser

Anyone who rides in the winter and the temps are in the teens, probably appreciates it. We had a freak snow storm in May out here and getting your face and torso spackled by snow while your bros legs are the only thing getting wasted. Head winds blowing gust up to 100 in your face, yeah you wish you didn't ride today and not sure if you'll make it home alive windshield would be nice. All of that aside, I love my Fat Bob and I ride it everyday, but having 3 crushed disc in my neck and taking that head wind home is a strain. Don't know if the windshield will help, but thought I would give it a try.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
DynaSport
Advanced

I have the HD QR standard height model on my FXDX. I don't get any buffeting, but I have to look through the windshield. I didn't like that at first, but I got used to it. The problem is that when it rains, it is harder to see through and I found myself really straining to look over it. I rode 150 miles or so in a fairly hard rain one evening and the strain to try to see over the windshield was not fun. So, I just had three inches cut off it. I just picked it up today so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Hopefully I won't get buffeting with it cut down, but it is a chance I took as there is no adjustment on my shield.

As far as who needs a windshield, I do. I like to ride long distances and with the upright riding position on my bike I prefer not to be pushed back all the time. I start to feel like a sail at highway speeds. Around town I don't feel the need for a windshield, but for the miles I ride a windshield makes the experience much more enjoyable. For me, that is what it is all about.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM
FATBOB67
Road Captain
Default Windshield

I really like having the windshield on. I am not big on taking them on and off............mostly just leave it on. Would not be without one on long trips.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
FXDF MYK
Cruiser

I ordered the Harley quick disconnect, standard height and I am 6'2", from your experience, will I have a clear view over the shield?

Old 08-08-2008, 06:03 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDF MYK
I ordered the Harley quick disconnect, standard height and I am 6'2", from your experience, will I have a clear view over the shield?
For sure you will se over the top,I had the standrd hd detachable on a sporty and it came up to mid nose,I'm only 5'10. On the Fatbob i have the QD compact and it only comes up to my mouth. It really helps man I love it.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my windshield for the FXDF