Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:03 PM
first dyna 07
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change

HI about a mouth ago there was a thread on oil change , NOT&nbsp\\; getting all the oil out of your dyna . Will I talked to a bunch of people and did a lot of research and tried&nbsp\\;this out on my 07 dyna and I found there is a little allen bolt that is in the bottom front part of the motor . Vertical down from the oil filter. The bolt is 1\\4&nbsp\\; 20 I thing that is were you can hook up your oil gage . Will you unscrew that bolt and there is the half of quart of oil . So you can put the three quarts in &nbsp\\;

Old 08-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Oil change

Gotta be kind of **** to go to that effort.[8D]&nbsp\\; A guy certainly doesn't do that when he changes oil in his car.&nbsp\\; There is always residual oil left in the engine.&nbsp\\; Oil clings to metal as it should.&nbsp\\; The Moco considers this when they write the Owners manual and states 2-1/2 qts.&nbsp\\;

Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

yeah, that seems a little over the top for these days. considering most of folks change their oil too often anyway, what is the point. My oil is not very dirty when it comes out, even after 5k miles.&nbsp\\; The quality of oil has increased dramatically over the years, even dino.&nbsp\\;

Old 08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Morloka
Cruiser

funny how the price of an Oil change hasnt gone up even with all the "high" oil prices

Old 08-04-2008, 03:53 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Morloka

funny how the price of an Oil change hasnt gone up even with all the "high" oil prices
Yeah, its still 300 bucks at the dealer

Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
MilesJ
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kk6pg

Yeah, its still 300 bucks at the dealer
&nbsp\\;
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 08-04-2008, 06:56 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,705 Likes on 2,516 Posts

The are two quantities listed, one for wet capacity (oil changes) and one for dry capacity (engine tear down and cleaning). I think the plug your talking about is not to be removed, it's called the "o'jeez plug". As in "o'jeez what did I just do"! It's definitely not for oil pressure lines.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: seniorsuperglideE8

The are two quantities listed, one for wet capacity (oil changes) and one for dry capacity (engine tear down and cleaning). I think the plug your talking about is not to be removed, it's called the "o'jeez plug". As in "o'jeez what did I just do"! It's definitely not for oil pressure lines.
Your right, the plug at the bottom of the engine should never be removed. There are stories of trying to get that plug out and breaking the cases. Now that would be a very expensive oil change.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

&nbsp\\;
cost per quart has gone up

Old 08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07 StreetBob

Gotta be kind of **** to go to that effort.[8D] \\\\\\; A guy certainly doesn't do that when he changes oil in his car. \\\\\\; There is always residual oil left in the engine. \\\\\\; Oil clings to metal as it should. \\\\\\; The Moco considers this when they write the Owners manual and states 2-1/2 qts. \\\\\\;
+1 also when I changed my oil it needed almost 3 quarts to get it to reread full hot

Quick Reply: Oil change