Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balancing Beads

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:33 AM
tideglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancing Beads

I found a couple of older threds on this. Just wondering if anyone has used these recently and what your opinion is. I had my wheels powder coated and think(If it works) this is a great alternative to weights.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Balancing Beads

no idea what your talking about... i have chrome weights on my stainless twisted spokes, can not even see them

Old 07-24-2008, 11:48 AM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just hard to get a meaningful responce with the current condition of the forum. You can't post at all or only a few words. I think folks are just giving up. I'm interested in the balancing beeds also. Good luck on getting information. I can't believe this responce actually went through!

Old 07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Dynabeads and they do work on tires with 70 or more sidewalls.&nbsp\\; They'll help low profile tires, but you still need some balancing.&nbsp\\; I run them in my Avon Cobras.

Nay sayers here who have never tried them will poo poo the concept, but it you do the homework (I did), it makes perfect sense.&nbsp\\; A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with a theory.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:16 PM
TheGuyWhoPosted
Tourer

I can comment on the concept working.&nbsp\\; A friend of mine has golf ***** inside his 39 inch boggers.&nbsp\\; They move around until the tire gets to spinning, then they naturally settle into certain spots and balance the tire at highway speeds.&nbsp\\; His tires were remarkably smooth this past weekend and on a relatively lightweight 4 Runner.&nbsp\\; Nothings magic but some things do help.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:43 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

I got Dyna Beads ( tiny ceramic beads, hundreds of them ) in the rear of my 180/55 and they work perfectly, not a hint of any trouble. Will definitely put them in the front and they work on low profile so dont worry about that

Old 07-25-2008, 01:59 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

oh yeah,, and i know Joe likes his chrome lumps on his wheels, BUT these beads will re balance the tire every time you ride, so your meant to get further out of your rubber

Old 07-25-2008, 05:49 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you hear Dynabeads at all? I always thought they were a good idea... plan to try them in my heavy work trucks next tire change.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

Hey Dawg,, been trying to reply but the website keeps crashing, have semi replied and also emailed you

Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
tideglide
Cruiser

Got my dyna beads in today and dropped them in. Wow...what a difference. They really work, smooth as glass

Quick Reply: Balancing Beads