Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balancing Beads

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:34 AM
hispeed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed 4oz of these in my truck tires and got tired of it after the first 15 mins and my arms going to sleep.

HINT:
Take an engraver and turn it on against the side of the tube the beads are going down or against the side of the valve stem itself. This will keep them from clogging the valve stem and speed the process. An extra pair of hands will make it easier but it's do-able by yourself with patience. Even with this technique it took me over 2 hours to fill all four tires on my truck (20" wheels don't balance too easy in all cases)

Don't get the stems they sale. They are special ones that won't get clogged by the beads but 2 of my four started leaking after a few months. Stick with standard stems and you'll be fine.

Give this a try... I'll be ordering my DynaBeads before I mount my tires and will pour them in before I set the bead... much easier!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 AM
jake40ma
Cruiser
Default Love em

I have had the beads installed for a year. Absolutely love them. Here is a link

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Old 01-24-2010, 09:30 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the dyna beads and will be useing them for now on. I started useing them after I had my wheels powder coated. You can hear them in the tire, just put them in and forget about it. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

Old 01-25-2010, 03:06 AM
MarksBOB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been using dyna beads for the past year, back & front.
THEY DO WORK.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

do those just go into the stem as is or do you have to remove the valve internals before pouring in. I think I might get these.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
sanman357
Intermediate

Pull out the inside of the valve, put a hose over the stem put a funnel on the hose, pour in the beads. Or drop them in during a tire change. I watched the guy do the demonstration at the dealer show a few years ago. Just remember not to use tire slime in case of a flat. not too sure about regular fix a flat.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
jake40ma
Cruiser
Default tips

Rounder, there are a couple of options. They sell premeasured packs you just drop in during a tire change, or you get the beads , pull out the valve, the beads go into a little bottle they provide. They also give you a tube to connect bottle to valve. The beads tend to clog though, so you can speed the process up by vibrating the valve stem, say with a dremel tool etc... Big difference for me plus you are getting a newly balanced tire with each ride. I advise you to go to the website All this info is there

Old 01-25-2010, 07:10 PM
justmejohn44
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never hurd of these before but will definitely check them out. Sounds like a great product. Thanks everybody for the info.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 PM
justmejohn44
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I went to the website. I didn't see anything about 21in rims. Has anyone ran then in a 21in front tire? This is my 100th post Woo Hoo Yay Me!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 PM
OSOAH
Intermediate

I have not tried them in a bike tire yet, but I put them in a set of 35" mud tires on my Bronco and they work great, (just take whole lot of them in such a big tire). Large off road tires are notorius for not staying balanced over time but have had no issues since I put them in almost two years ago.

I will definately use them on my scoot in the future.

Quick Reply: Balancing Beads