Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods to my '06 super glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006 | 09:01 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Mods to my '06 super glide

ORIGINAL: clamiero

Good info. Question: what did you use to cap the hole in the intake manifold once you removed the carb line?
I used a soft plastic cap that I had in my garage, I'm not sure were I got it from, but I think it should be available at a auto parts store.
In the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) on page 20 they list a cap plug item 21 p/n 90383-98 that might be the one to use. Also there is a 49 state vent tube that connects to the vapor valve and runs under the tank item 13 on page 90 p/n 27296-04A and a retaining clip item 7 p/n 10113.

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 02-20-2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Corrected part number
Old 07-07-2006 | 09:57 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: WS6 Formula

Photo of Canister and Decals Removed

Man I love that color combo

Old 02-11-2007 | 12:30 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior

I got rid of mine, wish I'd seen WS6 Formula's instructions first. It would have made the job much easier.

Old 05-12-2008 | 10:43 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Will this be the same for an 08? Also when i take my bike for dealer services with they say something?

Old 05-14-2008 | 07:31 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: WS6 Formula

Removing the vapor canister: the single hose on the right side of the bike from the vapor canister goes up under the tank and doesn't connect to anything it is just a breather hose you can just pull it out.

On the left side of the bike you have two hose's coming off of the canister. The canister is labeled carb / tank, disconnect the tank hose and follow it up the frame to a little vapor valve, remove hose from the bottom of this little vapor valve and remove the hose. This is now your 49 state tank vent, you can also get the 49 state vent hose that connects to the vapor valve and runs up under the tank, it is in the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) item 13 on page 90 p/n 27296-04 and a retaining clip item 7 p/n 10113.

Disconnect the carb hose from the vapor canister, this line goes up the frame and under the tank to a connection behind the top left side of the air cleaner, it connects to the intake manifold, disconnect and put a cap on the port of the intake. (In the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) on page 20 they list a cap plug item 21 p/n 90383-98 that might be the one to use.) This hose is difficult to remove, I took off the rubber hose from the plastic tube by the intake and pulled the hose out from the front of the tank and broke off a clip that supports a harness that comes out of the bottom of the tank, but I was able to ty-wrap that harness to another harness under the tank near the frame. If you cut the plastic tube end off that has the ridge, it will not hang up on anything and it will just slide out.

The vapor canister bracket has a clip that you depress and then the canister can slide off the bracket. Loosen the two allen head bolts that hold the bracket on to the frame, remove top bolt then rotate bracket and put the bolt back in and tighten it down, then remove lower bolt and bracket, reinstall lower bolt and tighten it down.

Do i need the 49 state vent hose?

Old 08-07-2021 | 06:24 AM
hogbastard
Stage I
Default Canister removal done! Now I got a yellow check engin light going continuously 😱

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Removing the vapor canister:
The single hose on the right side of the bike from the vapor canister goes up under the tank and doesn't connect to anything it is just a breather hose you can just pull it out.

On the left side of the bike you have two hose's coming off of the canister. The canister is labeled carb / tank, disconnect the tank hose and follow it up the frame to a little vapor valve, remove hose from the bottom of this little vapor valve and remove the hose. This is now your 49 state tank vent, you can also get the 49 state vent hose that connects to the vapor valve and runs up under the tank, it is in the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) item 13 on page 90 P/N 27296-04A TUBE, VALVE TO ATMOSPHERE and a retaining clip item 7 P/N 10113 CLIP, DOUBLE HOSE.

Disconnect the carb hose from the vapor canister, this line goes up the frame and under the tank to a connection behind the top left side of the air cleaner, it connects to the intake manifold, disconnect and put a cap on the port of the intake. (In the Harley parts catalog (99439-06A) on page 20 they list a cap plug item 21 P/N 90383-98 CAP PLUG, INDUCTION MODULE that might be the one to use.) This hose is difficult to remove, I took off the rubber hose from the plastic tube by the intake and pulled the hose out from the front of the tank and broke off a clip that supports a harness that comes out of the bottom of the tank, but I was able to ty-wrap that harness to another harness under the tank near the frame. If you cut the plastic tube end off that has the ridge, it will not hang up on anything and it will just slide out.

The vapor canister bracket has a clip that you depress and then the canister can slide off the bracket. Loosen the two allen head bolts that hold the bracket on to the frame, remove top bolt then rotate bracket and put the bolt back in and tighten it down, then remove lower bolt and bracket, reinstall lower bolt and tighten it down.
Hi
new here, might ask stoopid questions
I removed my canister and hoses on a 2017 H-D Road Glide Special. I live in Norway 🇳🇴, my bike is a HDI version, not domestic. Now my engine light is continuously yellow. Had a friend connect a diagnostic tool, and the answer was: Fault P0444, Fuel Tank Purge Valve, open / short circuit to ground.
‘Does anyone know how to fix this?

Old 08-07-2021 | 09:58 AM
K. Lindberg
Road Captain

Hello.

I think You have a better chance of getting answers to your question if you start a new thread instead of adding it to a 15 year old thread.

Forum members on here tend to check for new threads and not always reading added posts in old threads.

I'm sure someone will help you out.