Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip on question..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:22 AM
gymrat22
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip on question..

Hello Everyone...I am new to this board but find it very informative. I bought my 1st Harley last week and I am loving life.Ive had bikes for 11 years or so but now I have the one that I always wanted. I got a 2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom. Quick question....I am going to put some Rush slip ons on it (Untill I can save enough for the V@H Big Radius!!) but I know guys that have put these slip ons on their bike and thats it..nothing else. Do you need to get a different air filter syatem or have the bike mapped or anything when putting slip ons on your bike. I juts want to be sure to do it the right way. Thanks to all in advance.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Marksman
Road Captain
Default RE: Slip on question..

Slip ons sound good. They don't change the bike that much. No need to adjust anything else. Once you get into Stage 1 air cleaners with pipes (and sometime slip-ons) then you need to think about re-tuning.
Go for the slip ons. No worries.
Good Luck

Old 07-11-2008, 09:33 AM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Nice bike how about a picture? You will be fine with the slipons.&nbsp\\;Im waiting on V/h slips I bought on ebay.&nbsp\\; Can't wait...

Old 07-11-2008, 09:39 AM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

[:@]&nbsp\\;posts arent working... I am interested in your 1st impresion of your new bike? I love the look!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Hutson
Tourer

Congrats on the new scoot and welcome

Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Superglide 06
Stage III

I have the Screamin' Eagle low restriction air cleaner and Cycle Shack slip ons. I did not require any retuning on my bike, but your experience may be different.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ummm. yes remap if you change the intake and the pipes, if you just do the slips then you just need to put those on.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
bobad24
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the V&amp\\;H straight shot slip ons, Ness Big Sucker, and a Fuel Pac. Pretty cheap set up and it works great.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
gymrat22
Intermediate

Thanks for all your replies..Great to know there is omeplace to go for answers other that the dealer.
DB-I will be putting some pics up soon but I am very impressed so far with the new wheels...pissed that I waited so long to get one. That 96 cubic inch motor is just awesome. I am also looking at putting some mini apes on it anyone have any pic of a Super Glide Custom with minis on it and how is it for comfort with them??&nbsp\\; Thanks!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
ionate
Road Captain

I put on the V&amp\\;H slip ons on my 2008 FXDC.&nbsp\\; Since I also went ahead with a new SE air clearner, I also got the remap done at the factory.&nbsp\\; Rides and sounds GREAT!

Prior to getting this done I did a lot of research and the general consensus seems to be that just slipons - you don't have to remap.&nbsp\\; You're mileage may vary - good luck!

Quick Reply: Slip on question..