Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Information Dyna Inner Primary Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:36 PM
NewMexRider
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: New Information Dyna Inner Primary Bearing

07 Lowrider and 8k and everything seems fine, thanks for&nbsp\\; the tip.

NM

Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 AM
LownBlue
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10K on mine with no problems. Built in March 06.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought there was a recall or bulletin out for something with the Trannys on 06's. I know that what ever it is for, mine had this done. Just wanted to throw that out.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:33 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the tranny recall was for a Nutural indicator. the bike was showing nutural and was still in gear

Old 07-11-2008, 11:29 AM
dyna2319
Tourer

Mine is in the shop right now for this. I made it to just under 10K by about 100 miles,&nbsp\\;it has been whining for awhile just noticed it when I took the I -Pod headphones out for a short scoot. Mine is getting repaired under the extended warranty plan I purchased. From what the dealer told me this is about a $400 job in this area. They have seen three in the past two weeks and are thinking about keeping the parts in stock now verses the overnight ordering.
&nbsp\\;Interested to find out more about the case alignment. I read the orginal service bulletin and thought they had a bad run of bearings. According to what the dealer told me they have recinded the service bulletin now. I still have a few more years left on the extended warranty and hopefully can get it done again for the $50 deductible. I feel smart in paying for the extended coverage now.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 AM
meatballs
Intermediate

A friend of mine is a service tech at one of the dealers in Milwaukee.&nbsp\\; He told me that the 06/07 models did not have alignment studs on the case and this was causing the bearings to wear.&nbsp\\; Can anyone confirm this?

Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 PM
jturley
Intermediate

I have a 2006 Dyna and was wondering how to determine the month of production???

Old 09-18-2009, 11:31 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jturley
I have a 2006 Dyna and was wondering how to determine the month of production???
The sticker on the right down tube at the front has the production date on it. You have to look through the forks to see it because it's on the sticker where it wraps to the inside of the frame.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:45 PM
jturley
Intermediate

thanks for the quick reply.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meatballs
A friend of mine is a service tech at one of the dealers in Milwaukee.&nbsp\\; He told me that the 06/07 models did not have alignment studs on the case and this was causing the bearings to wear.&nbsp\\; Can anyone confirm this?
ONLY the 06's did not have the alignment dowels on the cases. If you bought an early 06 Dyna model new, you got a letter from the moco regarding the IPB. The company will eat the cost of replacing this bearing when it fails. Done this summer on the wife's Street Bob for the 2nd time. Bike is at 34K now. The "correct fix" is to replace the inner primary case and tranny case to the 07 and newer style. You have to fight the co on this, but I understand they WILL do this fix at no cost. Wife's bike is +2 yrs oow when the 2nd bearing was replaced. Didn't know about the cases at the time or would have pushed for that! The recission letter applies to the later 06 models as I understand it...but they're still having the problems. And don't let them hit you the 50 bux extended cost....make them eat the whole thing! It's a very well known/documented issue!

Quick Reply: New Information Dyna Inner Primary Bearing