Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

d.i.y screaming eagle race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 PM
streetfightingman
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d.i.y screaming eagle race tuner

just wondering if anyone has installed the harley race tuner on thier dyna. i'm doin the arlen ness big sucker air cleaner and would like to do all the installation myself including the screaming eagle race tuner, not only to save some cash, but&nbsp\\;who doesnt enjoy wrenchin on thier own bike - i know i do.&nbsp\\;
got a few questions:1. are the race tuners model specific, or generic for all harley f.i. bikes? 2. does it void the warranty if not installed by the dealer ect? 3. how difficult is the computer software crap to figure out?&nbsp\\;if its gona be a headache might be worth it to have the harley techs do the job.
any info would help

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 PM
rambobob
Tourer
Default RE: d.i.y screaming eagle race tuner

Save the cash , do it yourself.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 PM
furyus
Intermediate
Default RE: d.i.y screaming eagle race tuner

Race Tuners (or Super Tuners as they are now called for 08) don't get permanently installed on the bike like a Power Commander or Fuel-Pak. The Super Tuner is more of an interface so you can re-map your stock ECM. PC's and FP's don't re-map, they "fool" the ECM into "thinking" thay have been re-mapped. Super Tuners are generic to start, but are specific to YOUR bike once you start programming. You can't loan it to a friend when you're done. And you should throw it in your bag if you do a long road trip - that shop 1000 miles from home will need it if you have tuning issues (though they'll be glad to sell you a new one if you forgot to bring it).

If you don't know what you're doing, yes, you can screw the bike up quick. Warranties cover manufacturer defect, and once you go re-mapping an ECM, or even just foolin' one. well, you can't go blaming the factory for that, can you? You've got a $12,000 or $15.000 bike - spend the money to do it right or leave it stock and enjoy the ride.

furyus