Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grip recommendations for numb throttle hand??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:55 PM
L1011
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Grip recommendations for numb throttle hand??

I bought the ISO grips today. I was reading the instructions that included gluing the grip on the left side. My bike already came with aftermarket grips. Has anyone had to remove aftermarket grips? I've never done this before and don't want to mess it up. I too have some numbness so I'm hoping these grips will help. I'll let you know...

Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
KY23
Tourer

I love the HD Nostalgia grips I have installed.&nbsp\\; They oval shape really fills your hand and spreads the vibrations out.&nbsp\\; It really took the pain out of my hands and helped control the vibration.&nbsp\\; They are also some of the cheapest grips Harley sells.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+ a bunch on the Throttle doo-dad. Rode 1,500 miles a couple of weeks ago with mine on my old Dyna.. Almost as good as cruise control

Old 07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
kulu
Intermediate

i have kuryakyn widow grips with trottle boss i love it. i had the stealer put it on for $35. i had some hd aftermarket grips didn't like them and the stock grips just blew chunks. i heard good things about the iso grips with trottle boss. its cheaper then the widow.&nbsp\\; imo the kuryakyn grips and pegs are the best.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
MIKETOW
Advanced

Kuryakyn ISO grips with the Throttle Boss. Some gel padded gloves help also. Two years ago I was rear ended on my bike and sustained nerve damage in both hands. Two surgerys, physical therapy and time has helped my hands but, grips, boss and gloves help.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:51 PM
cfdcaptain99
Cruiser

I have the same problem. I got a Throttle Rocker doo dad.... it helped alot, but not completely. I too plan to install the Kury Iso-grips w/ the boss, but don't expect it to be a cure-all. I think it's riding position/bars more than anything.
&nbsp\\;
L1011 - Use a hair dryer or a heat gun to get those old aftemarket grips off.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the ISO's out before&nbsp\\;buy them if possible. People rave about them but there are some who, despite the good reviews, didn't like them. Me for one. &nbsp\\;IMO they were comfortable enough but the pads were a bit too spongy and the grip a bit to thick to my liking. I felt a little disconnected. Not only that but the more I looked at them the more I didn't like how they looked on my bike. Took them off and put on&nbsp\\;PM Renthals, Very happy.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personaly I like the ISO and trottle boss, still get a little tingly or num now and again on long rides but I just reposition or loosen my grip. The throttle boss is adjustable to get it to paddle to the right speed you like or close, when I got mine it was set at about 100, I used the little allen wrench supplied with and rotated it a few times till I have it at 70 to 90 depending on how I set my hand. Your throttle lock helps a little too if you are carefull with it and are on relativly leval road, I use it too but not often. You can also use a leather grip wrap on the ISO and it cushons it well, makes for a handfull tho, I ran a set for two months while the ISO sticky wore off, sometimes the ISO grips get pretty sticky and turn you hands black, I fount the leather covers wore the top off just nuff to "unsticky" them

Old 07-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also use a Throttle Rocker...that along with the thumb screw and I've never once had numb hands. I tend to just sort of&nbsp\\;lay my hand on the grip and really never grip it hard (at least when using the windshield).

Old 07-09-2008, 08:12 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm just curious, I've never had this numbness y'all are talking about and I just don't get the throttle rocker.
&nbsp\\;
I've got the throttle friction screw adjusted where it just holds the throttle where I set it. If I'm in town I back off it a touch, on the road I tighten it up a bit. Been doing this forever, guess it's whatever works for you.

Quick Reply: Grip recommendations for numb throttle hand??