Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEII Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
biggron
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEII Baffles

Can someone tell me how to get the baffles out of the SE slip ons ..Do they come out the end or do I need to take the whole slip on off ? I would appreciate any help before I start

Old 07-08-2008, 06:23 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: SEII Baffles

why pull them out! Look down the end of the pipe. you will see a deal that looks ike a spoon turned upside down... if you bend that flat you will get much more noise out of the slip on and not loose so much performance... why did you want to take it out?!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:40 PM
biggron
Advanced

I tried that didnt sound bad&nbsp\\; but still not what I wanted I got a pair of big monster baffles from big cityI want to try

Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
JUSTRIDIN
Advanced

Mine come out pretty easy when the bike is warm. I take out the bolt with it idleing after a ride &amp\\; hit the throttle. They either land on the driveway or are at least 1/2 way out. If that does not work stick a broom handle in there, pry up just hard enough to get a grip &amp\\; pull out. On ocassion th baffle will come out &amp\\; the packing will stay, I grab the packing with some long needle nose pliers.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
ehc0720
Tourer

I went to Home Depot and bought a thin piece of metal rod, a little thicher than a coat hanger,&nbsp\\;bent it about 1/2" from the end.&nbsp\\; Then stuck it inside and hooked it on the "spoon" looking piece, clamped a pair of vice grips&nbsp\\;to the other end and hit it with a hammer a few times and they pop right out.&nbsp\\; The BCT baffles sound good!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Motosportman
Cruiser

speaking of baffles, I plan on installing my vance and hines shorts hots this weekend and have 2 options, quite core insert installed (less sound but will they detract from the performance?) or install them without the quite core inserts. whatcha ya'll think..........
&nbsp\\;
also installing VO2 intake - (vance and hines) and a fuel pak.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 AM
lithod02
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ehc0720 which BCT ones did ya get?

Are the BCT baffles louder, deeper, etc. than the SEII baffles, I ended up just pulling my baffles out cuz i want sound. If I wanted performance I would have gotten the VRSC \\
Wondering what the difference in sound would be from no baffles, and just bending up the lip inside the baffles.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

What is supposed to hold the baffles in on the SE II mufflers (besides friction)? One of mine keeps trying to slide out, and looking at the other one I don't see a bolt or anything to hold it in. The first time I noticed it sticking out I thought someone had stuck something in my pipe!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:50 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just curious, are the BCT baffles louder than the SEII baffles? Do you feel that the bike runs better with the BCT baffles compared to the stock SEII baffles? Couldn't you just remove some of the packing to make them louder?

Old 08-26-2008, 05:19 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

Redbeard, there are 2 bolts that go into each baffle from the bottom to hold em in there on my SEII's. The bolt heads are pretty obvious on mine. I wonder if they just stuffed them in there and forgot to replace the bolts on yours.

I'm curious too abut those BCT baffles also, I know they sound good from what I heard but I want to know about the performance gains (according to their website). Also wondering about a remap if you use those suckers.

Biggron keep us posted, definitely want to know how those things sound.

Last edited by JerseyDevil; 08-26-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: SEII Baffles