Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone with HWY pegs here that can help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 AM
powder coater
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with HWY pegs here that can help

hey i just got my 08 FXDC home and on the ride home i really wished i would have the hwy pegs on it or the forward controls.
&nbsp\\;
after looking at the price of the controls they will have to wait for a bit.
&nbsp\\;
But the hwy. pegs are not to bad but i cant find anything i like.
&nbsp\\;
SO&nbsp\\; here is what I'm thinking and how i need the help .
Can any of you that have them take a photo or two of them to show me how they mount and also if there is a offset what is it?
&nbsp\\;
I am thinking of going to work and just making a set of brackets for it and then bringing it home and powder coating it to make them look nice.
&nbsp\\;
Then i will just throw a nice set of pegs on it. Might Babel to get a new set of pegs and also the shifter peg to LOL
&nbsp\\;
the wife just dont know it yet LOL
&nbsp\\;
but if i can get a few photos i Can make a set of hwy pegs up and make them LOL decent for the time being untill i can find a set of controls at a swap meet or find some i can afforded lol
&nbsp\\;
thanks for any help on this.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-08-2008, 07:57 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: anyone with HWY pegs here that can help

I would recommend getting some from&nbsp\\; someone&nbsp\\;with a&nbsp\\;low rider who has converted to forwards.&nbsp\\; The black bracket mounts look good,&nbsp\\;I prefer them to chrome mounts.&nbsp\\; You can usually pick these up on ebay.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Cheers,
&nbsp\\;
Tom

Old 07-08-2008, 08:41 AM
NA7A
Tourer

+1 to ZFF.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I have the forward highway pegs (FHP)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;on my Street Bob and they are great, they give me the option of two riding positions and the funny thing is....I like the stock mid peg position best. However, on longer rides its nice to be able to switch off occasionally.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I found out a great plus for the FHP's, if you get the Kury ones, you can mount the HD aux. lights to the chrome part of the peg and still have lots of room for your foot on the rubber peg. I should get some pics on here and do a thread about it. Installed them last weekend and rode the next day, the guys in front of me said it's a cool trident light scheme and never had anyone pull out in front of me once.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 07-08-2008, 09:23 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

or toss a mustach on that sucker... crash bars always look... I powdered a set in ultra High black last weekend for a buddy, looks very cool in black!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 AM
AASLT101
Advanced

I have a set of HD dyna highway pegs/mounts powder coated wrinkle black that I'll make you a&nbsp\\;sweet deal on. I put forwards on so the highway pegs are sitting in a box. Send me a PM if your interested.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
ernajlb
Advanced

They mount to the frame on the built in bosses. They say adjustable, but the adjustment really isn't more than an inch forward or back. I think they're cleaner than a mustache, and I either put the soles of my boots on, or stretch out with resting my heel on the top.&nbsp\\; I also prefer midsets, so I don't spend much time on the hiway pegs. I used the Kury large ISO pegs on the HD "adjustable" mounts.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36794/7741AD7E9EBB4BB28211BB1C2BE58E87.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
powder coater
Banned

your photo didnt work on here.
&nbsp\\;
I have always had either the hwy pegs or forrwards on my bikes I figure for the time being i will do the hwy. pegs set up and if i get real crazy i might look in to either building a set or buying a set of forrward controlls.
&nbsp\\;

I would have had them on it when i got it but the dealership was out of them for mine. go figure LOL
&nbsp\\;
So i could not even attempt to get them worked in tot he deal in the beginning and i didnt think of the hwy pegs while i was there.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

did you finance the bike? go back and get the fowards added to the amount financed... the loan is not bought immediately so if you do this quick you can get fowards for a couple extra bucks a month!!!!

they'll redo the paperwork for you..

Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
powder coater
Banned

yeha i did but i will just buy them out right so i dont have to worry about payments being adj. etc... I can live with out them i dont mind either way.
&nbsp\\;
and i think i will most likely look in to making a set up.
So i can get somethign like no one elses. i just dont want to do liek i did with my monte carlo SS
i had a 03 and traded it in for the wifes truck and only got 9,800.00 out of it . but total i had almost 10,000 in to it over the years.
&nbsp\\;
and had won 4 car shows but this dont help resale lol
so i dont plan to get rid of my scoot but just incase i dont want to lose my shirt agian.
But i do want it to be "mine" when im done. im sure after time it will look diffrent then most on the road

Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are going to make a set, go for it.&nbsp\\; Otherwise, dumping over a hundred bucks into hwy pegs when you really want forwards is kind of a waste of money in my opinion.&nbsp\\; A buddy of mine loaned me his hwy pegs when I first got my bike and it took me about 2 weeks to figure out forwards were the way to go for me.&nbsp\\; No money lost though.&nbsp\\; The hwy pegs are setup with a plate with 2 holes at the bottom that bolt to the 2 pre-drilled holes in the frame.&nbsp\\; Then there is a hole at the top that your peg mount would bolt to.&nbsp\\; If you are making your own, your offset can be anything you want, obviously.

Quick Reply: anyone with HWY pegs here that can help