Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Wide Tire Kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008 | 07:52 PM
elamey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Wide Tire Kit Questions

I got hold of a good service manager last weekend who looked up the wide tire kit parts for me. Here are the contents
&nbsp\\;
1. SE 180 Dunlop Tire
2. Two inner fender brackets the do all the following...Route the turn signal wires out the rear of the bracket instead of up.
&nbsp\\;
Yep thats it....so if you can work a tie wrap you can do that with two tie wraps instead of the $60 dollar brackets plus labor.
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-08-2008 | 09:08 PM
rds1778
|
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks elamey.&nbsp\\; I appreciate the help.&nbsp\\; Thats all I was looking for.

Old 07-09-2008 | 12:08 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

Here is a few pics

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008 | 12:25 AM
rds1778
|
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nice.&nbsp\\; Thanks dynaflyer.

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:06 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

You are Most welcome rds1778, Some say it isn't needed and that is true.
I installed it for a piece of mind. Is it worth the extra $$$?? Not sure. Personal preference to install or not.
Pieces from the kit can be purchased seperatly if desired.
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008 | 04:41 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I am with DynaFlyer on this one but you all probably know that.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008 | 09:32 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ha ha ha i will remember that next time you need a hand... how about going to harley and cutting another check so you can tell us about your awesome mod! ahhh check book modders that talk ****! got to love it!
the only reason we were&nbsp\\;JOKING AROUND,&nbsp\\;is there is a SEARCH function right at the top of the page... the search when i typed in "wide tire kit" then clicked on dyna... had over 8 pages return! every one of the threads had at least 5 people that chimed in to say all you need is the tire... too much time at the computer... i just turned 30k on an 06 i bought brand new, i live in chicago and do ride year round... ooh ya my other bike has 18k, my other 17, and my other 0 cause I BUILD my bikes....
ORIGINAL: rds1778

If I had over 3000 posts, maybe I'd be spending a little too much time on the computer and not enough time out riding.

Old 07-09-2008 | 02:35 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's guys like Joe and Greg that have 3,000 posts that help those with 20 posts more often than not. &nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:40 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

ha ha ha i will remember that next time you need a hand... how about going to harley and cutting another check so you can tell us about your awesome mod! ahhh check book modders that talk ****! got to love it!
the only reason we were&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;JOKING AROUND,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;is there is a SEARCH function right at the top of the page... the search when i typed in "wide tire kit" then clicked on dyna... had over 8 pages return! every one of the threads had at least 5 people that chimed in to say all you need is the tire... too much time at the computer... i just turned 30k on an 06 i bought brand new, i live in chicago and do ride year round... ooh ya my other bike has 18k, my other 17, and my other 0 cause I BUILD my bikes....
&nbsp\\;
There is no telling how many of my 3000+ posts are answering the same questions here over and over.&nbsp\\; I typically don't complain about it and I don't refer people to the search except possibly as a courtesy for next time.&nbsp\\; Joe and I have different views on that subject but this site works for many people, regardless.&nbsp\\; You can best bet if I have the time and the weather is decent, I'm riding instead of spending time on here.&nbsp\\; I'd never give up a ride to reply to redundant posts on here.&nbsp\\; I always try to remind myself that I was new here less than a year ago and probably asked a lot of redundant questions.&nbsp\\; But for the most part, people were patient with me and I've learned a lot and done a lot to my bike I never thought I could do myself (even though most are "checkbook" mods - JOE! ).&nbsp\\; I try to give back by politely and, as informatively as I can, answering these same questions over and over again.&nbsp\\; However, I too will remember that smartass comment next time I see a post from this guy.

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:49 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ha ha ha JAKE where you been brother! good to see you posting again! i hope all is well man. Greg, i got a funny story for you brother ill PM YOU!

Quick Reply: HD Wide Tire Kit Questions