Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slipons Question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008 | 04:41 PM
Wireguided
|
Road Master
Default Slipons Question.

Hey all!!
At risk of starting a pissin match over what is best or whats not.
I just wanted to ask If cycle shack slipons were decent pipes?
And will i&nbsp\\;need a remap. &lt\\; As far as i know the remap only raises the rev limiter anyway..
I tried the search but the boards are flakey these days and i was hoping for some feedback from those of you who have tried them.........
&nbsp\\;Thanks,&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-07-2008 | 08:17 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Slipons Question.

You are going to find a lot of varying opinions on both the mufflers, and on the need for re-map.
&nbsp\\;
I think most will tell you the Cycle Shacks are a good set of mufflers and sound good for the price.
&nbsp\\;
A re-programing of the ECM should not be necessary with just a change of the mufflers.&nbsp\\; If you change the A/C or go to full exhaust, then you will need to richen it up.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-28-2008 | 05:54 PM
Wireguided
|
Road Master

Is there a noticable loudness change with these pipes??

Old 07-28-2008 | 06:04 PM
jlb0038
Road Captain
Veteran: Marine Corp

Cycle Shacks are loud.&nbsp\\; Too loud for me.&nbsp\\; I've also had the S/E IIs and Khrome Werks 3"+.&nbsp\\; Khrome Werks had the best performance, but sounded kind of blatty on an 07.&nbsp\\; S/EIIs had good sound and good performance.&nbsp\\; All of the three I've tried had good fit and finish.&nbsp\\;
I've also heard D&amp\\;D makes a good slip on.&nbsp\\; As far as re-map, these bikes are already running very lean.&nbsp\\; I wouldn't want to push it.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-28-2008 | 06:05 PM
shubble72
Banned

ORIGINAL: Wireguided

Is there a noticable loudness change with these pipes??
Not much if any, the only slip ons that i have noticed any change is the rush 2.25.

Old 07-28-2008 | 07:27 PM
Tele00
Tourer

I have an 08 FXDC and I put V&amp\\;H straightshots and added the quiet baffles and I think they are perfect ...are they louder than stock ..Yes Way louder ..but if I run it at low rpm&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; 2000 -2300 as I roll down through my neighborhood , they arent that bad, and the extra backpressure from the baffles yeild very little popping/Backfire .....Nice deep tone with good low rpm torque

Old 07-28-2008 | 07:41 PM
Aeromech
Cruiser

just bought the cc m-129s slip ons and they sound great for a good price. Mine aren't too loud at all.
I did no re-mapping...

Old 07-28-2008 | 10:07 PM
steel_tiger1
Advanced

I just put on the V&amp\\;H Straightshots HS Saturday on both my bike and the wife's Sporty. Wow what a difference. I put the quiet baffles on mine and she has the standard baffles on hers.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-28-2008 | 10:07 PM
steel_tiger1
Advanced

The standard baffles make her 883 sound a little tinny but way better than stock. I really like the quiet baffles on my 07 FXDWG. Nice deep throaty sound, like a Harley should have. We are getting quiets for hers too. No Remaps we will see how it goes.

Old 09-05-2008 | 08:31 PM
Wireguided
|
Road Master

Well these are way louder than stock.......
Just right and no remap needed........

Quick Reply: Slipons Question.