Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Ducati trade???...help

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible Ducati trade???...help

Please don't kill me, but I am considering trading my SG for the new ducati monster 696.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; What are your thoughts on this?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I don't like sport bikes, but that monster just appeals to me for some reason.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I find I keep trying to change my dyna to something it's not, and I can't afford trading for another harley[:@].&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I want something very twistie friendly, fun, and "sportster-ish", but can't see trading down like that.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Advice please...Thanks.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Dizzzy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Possible trade???...help

I love the monster...stripped down and bad ***&nbsp\\;bike!!!!!!&nbsp\\; I'm looking at the Sports....the triumph thruxton needs a buddy!&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 05:44 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Possible Ducati trade???...help

The 696 seems like a trade down to me.Is that the only model you like?I like thier Sport Classic sport myself but I'm also fond of Triumphs and would trade my bob in for a Speed Triple in a hot second if there was some way I could do it without payments.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:11 PM
BlacktopBuzzard
Cruiser

Really like the Ducati's especially the Monster. Recently considered adding one to the line-up but after reviewing their service requirements ( particularly the valve adjustment/belt replacement) and the cost to have this done I decided the time/cost (not that many Ducati service centers in NC) of maintainance was prohibitive in my case. Ended up with a 2003 Suzuki SV1000N (naked) as a sub for the Ducati.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:13 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Depends on what you're looking for.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Make a decision yourself and go for it with gusto, and if you go Duc&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; , then cya

Old 07-04-2008, 06:26 PM
jamman
Road Master

that's just it. there are those that ride Harley's, and then there are those that ride harley's, thanks for stopping by..

Old 07-04-2008, 07:22 PM
yellowted
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

why not have both..&nbsp\\; one thing to think about is how close the nearest ducati dealer is.&nbsp\\; i pass 5 harley dealers on the way to a ducati dealer.&nbsp\\; i have at times thought about getting rid of my honda 600rr in favor of a ducati 1098s. i still will have my harley. there is someting nice about having choices of riding styles

Old 07-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Dizzzy
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jamman

that's just it. there are those that ride Harley's, and then there are those that ride harley's, thanks for stopping by..
&nbsp\\;
......I have loyalty to my ol lady....not a motor company

Old 07-04-2008, 08:10 PM
BlacktopBuzzard
Cruiser

I agree......I own several motorbikes.......3 Harleys....2 Hondas....1 Buell.....1 Suzuki.......each bike makes me appreciate the others......its all about the ride.................as it should be................

Old 07-04-2008, 08:21 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

why dont u get great shocks for the dyna&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \; dynas can rock the twisties man&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\ ;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;& nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Possible Ducati trade???...help