Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Ducati trade???...help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts
Default RE: Possible Ducati trade???...help

devils, maybe checking in on some of those other sites for the foreign bikes might give you more info.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FATBOB67
I guess they are good bikes, but they are butt ugly!! The Scrambler looks like a '60's era Honda trail bike my brother had. I think it was called a Scrambler also.
Yeah the scrambler is ugly, particularly in photographs. I know a couple of guys who own them and they are even uglier.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:36 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

brother the monster is a sick bike! very nice... you dont have to go crazy on price to get something that will dominate in the twisties.... the best bike i have ever took thought some turns is my FAVORITE bike, a 70's CB750 the honda... look for those man you can find them for crazy cheap, they are very easy to work on, has an inline 4 so they wind up REAL fast and run VERY strong disk brakes, sharp bikes... hop on line and look up some cafe CB's.... i am building my bobber/cafe with a budget of 350... ooh ya congrads on starting a family... Have not heard from you in a while!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:36 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's&nbsp\\; frustrating to me that I can't afford another bike right now.I still have my SV and even though it's been lowered for my wife it'll still run away from my Dyna on a twisty road.But I still want to own something really fast like a liter class sport bike or street fighter and I also could use a good dual purpose bike.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: devils haircut

ORIGINAL: RAWHIDE07

Lots of good used inexpensive sport bikes for sale,you might want to consider a second bike.
LOL...considering a second bike is easy...paying for it isn't!
I just started a family on a military paycheck.
didn't that bulldog in your avatar cost about what a used sportbike would????....lol

just messin with ya....

Old 07-06-2008, 02:02 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the mood strikes you again, check out some Ducati sites, too. I've read there is a fuel issue with the 696 monster (sounds like one of those first year issues)...but if you have a decent dealer that is local...

But I spent years trying to make my Sportster into something it would never be....a sportbike. Not saying the Sporty was bad and I know some folks around here that have some killer sportsters....rear sets, clip-ons, pretty severe engine mods...but not a sportbike. And that was what I wanted most of the time. I am fortunate enough that I can have more than one bike, so when I feel like cruising, I have the harley, too.

Many duc dealers will let you test ride....even if you have gotten over the feeling, what does it hurt to try one? Triumph dealers also tend to let you test ride (check the sig and see what I chose instead of a Monster )

Old 07-06-2008, 07:27 AM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, now you wanna talk apples and oranges, S&amp\\;S and Baker Both have outstanding records for reliabilty, and a great improvement over the moco, a custom? yeah, that would be the way to go. As far a me buying everything for my Harley's, from harley? Don't work that way. the motor company turned it's back on me years ago when became a fashoin, and a trend, in mirror and glass orange and black palaces that&nbsp\\;are to busy selling cool.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;it doesn't matter what you ride, its your choice, this is my 7th Harley, my first new one, the panhead in my avatar, thats me and thats my 1st hog circa '81. BTW, from one vet to another thanks for serving. Good luck on your Duc.