Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after yesterday's accident...NOT GOOD.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Scramboogie
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after yesterday's accident...NOT GOOD.

Well, after waking up quite sore this morning after my wreck yesterday, I decided to go to my Doc and have him just check me out to see if there was anything else going on besides some KICK-*** soreness.&nbsp\\; I told him that my mid-back was sore and he&nbsp\\;saw some inflamation&nbsp\\;in the area that is hurting and decided to send me to get some X-rays and sure enough I have a compression fracture in the thorasic region of my spine.&nbsp\\; No friggin wonder I'm hurtin like this.&nbsp\\; The doc was amazed that I'm doing as well as I am so far but is very nervous about what's going to happen when the swelling goes down and things are a little looser.&nbsp\\; I really don't know what to do, get a lawyer&nbsp\\;or wait to see what the guys&nbsp\\;ins. co. is going to do.&nbsp\\; Either way,&nbsp\\;the doc says that it's going to be a while before the&nbsp\\;bruising in the bone subsides.&nbsp\\; I just hope and pray that it heals and doesn't give me any lasting effects down the road.&nbsp\\; Please just&nbsp\\;pray for me and that things go well with what's to come.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 08:41 PM
57springer57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after yesterday's accident...NOT GOOD.

wow sorry to&nbsp\\; hear bad news .
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after yesterday's accident...NOT GOOD.

Get well man - prayers coming your way.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I did not hear what happened, but assumed a cager hit you.&nbsp\\; Would get a lawyer right away -&nbsp\\; let him worry about everything financial while you work at getting better.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
elamey
Cruiser

A massage from some gentle ocean waves and warm beach sand can do wonders for an aching back after the bone heals :-)
Best wishes, take it easy.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

get well soonman

Old 07-03-2008, 09:18 PM
AHVeil
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Get well man - prayers coming your way.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I did not hear what happened, but assumed a cager hit you.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Would get a lawyer right away -&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; let him worry about everything financial while you work at getting better.
&nbsp\\;
+1 on recommending representation.&nbsp\\; Better safe than sorry.&nbsp\\; Hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
RicorockinHD
4th Gear

My prayers r with you. You may need a lawyer. once the inflamation is done, you're are probably looking @ surgery, possible. Don't know the details but look at your options. I work for a Disability company, and i've seen several cases w/ MVAs. The back is a very sensitive part of your body, especially if blunt trauma is involved. Don't know what u do for a living either, u may want to take your future earnings into consideration and protect yourself. Don't wait for the insurance company. they will try to take on the least liability as possible. doesn't cost anything to consult w/ an attorney. Get well soon. Ride safe everyone.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I sure hope everything gets better and you don't suffer any long lasting effects from it.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Scramboogie
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

2005UltraNC,&nbsp\\; I was hit by a cage yesterday.&nbsp\\; A pickup truck made a left turn right into my path...without signaling...and into the side of his truck I went.&nbsp\\; This sucks sooo bad.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was sent home three times after a wreck in 05. Ended up with a compression fracture of L-1. Was in a body brace for about 3 months and sore as hell. Now I deal with chronic pain and frequent the chiropractor.
&nbsp\\;
Good luck and follow the Dr's advice. I healed just by keeping the body brace on and used alot of pain meds.

Quick Reply: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after yesterday's accident...NOT GOOD.