Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Street Bob Combination Speedo / Tach

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '07 Street Bob Combination Speedo / Tach

I've just installed my combination speedo / tach for my '07 Street Bob that I bought from Chicago HD.&nbsp\\; It looks great and seems to all work absolutely fine except a friend of mine gets a remaining miles function on the one he fitted on his Bob.
&nbsp\\;
Does anyone know if this is specific to '08 and up Bobs, and as mine is an '07 Bob its not a feature for my year?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: '07 Street Bob Combination Speedo / Tach

The fog hasn't cleared from my head yet this morning.&nbsp\\; What is a "remaining miles function?"

Old 06-29-2008, 08:31 AM
dbcoooper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure but that would be nice!&nbsp\\;does that that combo you installed&nbsp\\;fit in the original housing?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:45 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Keith- Pretty sure it is miles left on a tank of gas. Like a trip computer. Wonder if it gives you mpg ?

Old 06-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

Each speedo is a unit in itself held in the dash by two clamps.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep, think that is what it is John.&nbsp\\; Just dug out my instruction sheet and it gives information for set-up but I don't know (or care) if the Bob supports that function.&nbsp\\; Don't think so on the MPG.&nbsp\\; Maybe I'll learn more about it as time goes on.&nbsp\\; My main interest was just the Tach.
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: dyna rider

Keith- Pretty sure it is miles left on a tank of gas. Like a trip computer. Wonder if it gives you mpg ?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

ok yeah its a feature on my 08, after the two trips you go to a screen with a tiny "r" to the left and the main figure is your remaining miles in the tank, its dynamic in as much as it figures how your riding and keeps adjusting to suit,, i have tested it out alot and once you start giving it the beans down comes you average. Its also very accurate and pings on the light once you get to around 30 left to go. Its so good in fact that i am not going to remove the yellow/white for the grey one off my six shooter gauge, but maybe splice to two together,,,

Old 06-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Dyna_Soar
Banned

Sounds like just what I'm looking for to install on my 08 Street Bob. Do you have a part number for that combo? I would like to look it up in my Harley catalog.

&nbsp\\;
Also.&nbsp\\;How do you transfer your odometer reading over to a new speedometer setup? Do you have to have a dealer do that? It seems to me that for warranty purposes, HD would make that a requirement. Is that correct?
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

Part # is 74735-07 and you save a $100 or more from CHD or Zanotti's.&nbsp\\; I went with Zanotti HD and had it in a day or so over 1 week.&nbsp\\; You give them the mileage you want on the speedo and it's set at the factory.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:09 PM
SK8ROD
Banned

yup, got mine from Chicago HD for 399 i think, all i did was put the miles i wanted in the order form notes...&nbsp\\; however having said that the speedo turned up with a label on it stating the miles as requested but when i plugged it in it was on zero!&nbsp\\; however i kow that Gaffy's turned up with the right miles..

Quick Reply: '07 Street Bob Combination Speedo / Tach