Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Fatbob Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
kmcelroy
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Fatbob Pipes

I just bought my first HD, 08 Fatbob.&nbsp\\; I love everything about this bike.&nbsp\\; I want a "bigger sound" from the bike.&nbsp\\; I have been looking at the VH Big Radius pipes.&nbsp\\; Will these give me a bigger sound not so muffeled?&nbsp\\; Also sorry about the dumb question but I noticed they sale a Fuel Pak and then some people have a PCIII?&nbsp\\; Can someone help me out as to what I need to get the most sound and performance out of my exhaust?

Old 06-27-2008, 12:10 PM
FATBOB67
Road Captain
Default RE: 08 Fatbob Pipes

I went with the Big Radius also, along with a Stage 1 air cleaner and remap at my Harley dealer. I am happy as hell with the way she runs now. I am not in to all this fine tuning and tinkering around.................just give me something that will haul azz!! And I feel like I have it now!!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:11 PM
kmcelroy
1st Gear

If I get the V&amp\\;H Big Radius pipes and a SE Air Cleaner would I need to take my bike in and have them remap it?&nbsp\\; Would I need to purchase a SERT?&nbsp\\; I am thinking of installing the pipes and air cleaner myslef, but I sure don't want to screw my motor ip if it runs lean?

Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM
FATBOB67
Road Captain

kmcelroy - I think the dealer would have to remap the fuel injection. You should be able to do everything else, I think. I would not run it very long with out the remap...................don't really know if it would run without the remap. You will love the pipes and the setup!!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

I did 2" Rush slip ons and didn't have to have the Stage I download but did it anyway.&nbsp\\; Rush recommended it if I were going to ride in higher elevations than sea level.&nbsp\\; My next move is a Thundermax ECM.&nbsp\\; More expensive than the SERT or PCIII but no dyno required if you do additional engine mods.&nbsp\\; It will recalibrate itself.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you never get something for nothing . if you just&nbsp\\; change the pipes you will be ok but if you go with a high flow air cleaner and free flowing exhaust you will most definatly need a remap at the minimum. if you plan on doing nothing more then the fuelpack should be sufficent , but if any engine mods are in the future then I would suggest either a pc111 , sert or something like the thundermax.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:45 AM
Fatbob Pharoe
Advanced

Got myself a set of Vance &amp\\; Hines SSS on my '08 Fat Bob and a high flow air cleaner with no remaps and its running real smooth. A little popping on decelaration, but nothing too major. You'll love it!

Old 06-29-2008, 03:16 AM
LownBlue
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Scooter Wench

I did 2" Rush slip ons and didn't have to have the Stage I download but did it anyway.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Rush recommended it if I were going to ride in higher elevations than sea level.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; My next move is a Thundermax ECM.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; More expensive than the SERT or PCIII but no dyno required if you do additional engine mods.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It will recalibrate itself.
You will love the Thundermax when you install it. It really wakes up your bike. There is also
none of the annoying popping on decel that you get with some of the other Fuel management systems.