Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SB Noise ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Bluedog20
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SB Noise ?

I have a 2006 Street Bob, I just noticed a noise. It sounds like mabey a bearing?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I cant hear it when the bike is idleing in neutral or when the bike is standing still. I hear can hear it slightly when riding. I hear it the mostly when decelerating or coasting to a stop. It sounds kinda like a hum, or a whine. Mabey its coming from the tranny?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Anyone else have any problem like this?

Old 06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SB Noise ?

Sounds like you may have the common failure of the Inner Primary Bearing.
&nbsp\\;
When this bearing goes bad, it sounds like a bad throw-out bearing in a car.&nbsp\\; The noise typically disappears when you hold in the clutch, then reappears as you release the clutch.
&nbsp\\;
I just had mine replaced last week.&nbsp\\; My IPB went out at 13,000 mile and six weeks out of warranty.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Below, you will find a letter the dealers issued new owners of 06 Dynas for a while to deal with recognized issues&nbsp\\;with the IPB.&nbsp\\; There is another letter which came out later which retracted the actions offered by the MoCo in the first letter.
&nbsp\\;
I ignored the second letter, but submitted a copy of the first letter to my dealer.&nbsp\\; They replaced mine at no charge to me.&nbsp\\; My ride is an early model 06 and had a recall for a "False Neutral".&nbsp\\; The repair for this recall required the dealer to remove the outer and inner primaries, as well as go in the tranny.&nbsp\\; I mention this because it may be that the only reason they were so accommodating on the IPB issue was because they were going to be in the primary anyway.
&nbsp\\;
Do a search on this subject.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; There is a lot of info available.&nbsp\\; Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

[IMG]local://upfiles/23085/E482650DE67A42DF8BA016878227FAAC.jpg[/IMG]